LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Driver to play Guild Wars in a....

Excubitor

Samsung laptop,Pentium M with 1.6ghz , with 512 mb ram, and a Nvidia Geforce FX Go 5200 64MB.

I've already installed the driver 67.66 and the INF optimazed for laptops, but i don't see great enhancements in the game. Could someone please tell me if there is a best driver/INF to play games in this Laptop????

The fulcral question was that the recommend settings to play this game are simillar to those of my Lap, but when I play it, in window mode, and all graphics enhancements turned off or low, I maintain a 15~13 Frames per second..... jesus crist!!!! wat else can I do :)

IS THERE A DRIVER THAT IS NICE TO PLAY GAMES IN THIS GRAPHIC CARD???

OH!!! by the way: GREAT SITE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

There really is no "best driver" we can recommend.

There are some newer drivers you could try such as 91.33, and you could look into this topic as Larry is very knowledgeable about the 5200 card, although I can't say wheather or not his INFs will work well on your card.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....7755&st=200 (he might have some advice for your card)

You could try overclocking, or maybe some cooling modifications/cleaning, as your laptop could be overheating and slowing down.

There is this page that can enhance the driver for you with performance settings, just select the driver version and performance and it will give you a custom INF.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

The truth is that that graphics card has always been a very low end graphics card, and you can't expect much out of it, especially with modern games.

Keyword *window mode*. Are you driving your car in 1st gear only?

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Im using the lates 91.xx drivers and i have no problems. And btw guildwars is an awesome game!