LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with drivers 84.25

Eggenberg4Ever

Hiya all,

It's been a little while since I posted but I've got a problem with drivers 84.25.

Up til now they've been fine but now they're not holding the clocks I set & always revert to default settings of 325/600 whereas before they held 380/680 with no problem.

I did a full re-install recently & that's when they last worked on o/c but since then, no.

I've tried drivers 84.56 with no difference.

Any ideas? :)

Have you updated your laptop BIOS?

You might still be able to do some overclock on demand... which is my mind is the best option. I overclock my GPU only when I play. I'm kinda chasing any noise / heat source... :)

Thanks Fabrice.

I have the latest BIOS (36.90 I believe is the most up to date for my GPU) & I've added the modded INF for 84.25 which gives access to the clock frequencies of my Go 6800, I have the latest Riva Tuner & the latest NVTweak but no joy in making clocks stick at 380/680 (I found these settings were extremely stable & well balanced prior to my re-install).

I meant... did you update your BIOS recently?

Try installing the latest driver that your OEM has on his support site. Then jump to the 84.25.

No mate, I've had that BIOS for several months now.

I installed the latest recommended drivers from FS (78.10) then reinstalled 84.25 but still the clocks don't stick.

No mate, I've had that BIOS for several months now.

I installed the latest recommended drivers from FS (78.10) then reinstalled 84.25 but still the clocks don't stick.

FS drivers are locked and do not allow overclocking - at least 72.50, which I had. There is a patch somewhere to unlock. Perhaps you should use driver cleaner to get rid of all remnants of Fujitsu drivers - after you first uninstall them. On a clean, remnant-free lappy most drivers should overclock; check what I got to work - but I think I tested OC capabilities systematically from 84.30 and newer, earlier just periodically.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8245

Thanks for the input Zipper but I think you missed my point.

I've used Driver Cleaner Pro & there's no NVIDIA drivers on my lappy.

I did a completely clean re-install of 84.25 along with a LV2GO modded inf file (which, as I stated, worked up until I did a full reformat/reinstall of XP recently).

I've noticed a similar thread elsewhere in the forum re the clocks reset back to default.

I'm at a loss as to what's going on here :)

I think the drivers may act different in different computers, even if they are similar. So make a test with a driver near version 84.25; 84.26, 84.37 and especially 84.56 behaved well for me.

(which, as I stated, worked up until I did a full reformat/reinstall of XP recently).

I can't understand why to reinstall, when there is System Restore for problems - I got all my problems corrected when I keep a good restore point available.

The XP reinstall had absolutely, 100% nothing to do with my drivers.

My HD was full of crap, the important files were saved to DVD, I just wanted a spring-clean.

SINCE my re-installation, my 84.25 drivers which worked on the SAME laptop PRIOR to reinstallation now NO LONGER work as they did before I completely reformatted my HD.

Same drivers.

Same computer.

Not working now.

Sorry dude, this has me REALLY frustrated.

Sorry dude, this has me REALLY frustrated.

What's so hard not to test another driver? Just one miss may be some special situation. I've tested tens and tens and the success on OC always differs from other users - for somebody it works, for somebody else not.

Slightly mystical.

I've tried 84.56, same result.

Weird.....

I'll keep trying.

I had the same problem this morning on 84.74 and uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers fixed it right up.

I had the same problem this morning on 84.74 and uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers fixed it right up.

Again, thanks for the help here.

Yeah, I've tried doing that about 4 times now: a complete unistall of drivers in safe mode, restart, then reinstall the drivers.

Man, I'm going bananas trying to get it to work :P :) :) :( :( :P :)

Well I think the problem is having Rivatuner and nvtweak installed at the same time AND setting the overclocks in the nvidia control pannel(even if it was set before you installed rivatuner/nvtweak). To fix this, uninstall rivatuner and nvtweak, uninstall the driver, re-install the driver and DONT EVEN OPEN THE CONTROL PANNEL, then install rivatuner OR nvtweak(not both) and do what you need to.

BTW this fix worked fine for me for the past few days.

Edited by The_Lead_Factor

AFAIR neither nvTweak or nvTray allow overclocking... they are "just" tweakers. They just unlock the access to the Clock panel.

But Rivatuner does and he had that installed too.....Im not too sure why this works but it does :)