LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Wireless Adapter help needed!

Guest Kevin

Guest Kevin

Hello,

I've been trying to use wireless adapter; however, i can't get it working. Currently my laptop is connected to Linksys router(and the router connected to DSL modem) so my router and modem are working properly. When I insert the card into my laptop and try to use wireless connection, status says it is connected but it doesn't progress(trasmitted 60 and received 0) and blue light in that box blinking rarely.

Last night was better, both trasmitted and received were going up slowly(300 and 150), but the blue light was blinking every 30 secs and i couldnt have wireless internet connection.

I found something suspicious in my wireless connection though. When i go to:

Network connections - double click on wireless connections(i chose my SSID with encryption) - in the first tab, click on properties- Advance tab

In that advance tab, it has a little message/error. Windows Management Instrumentation(WMI) data may be damaged. To solve this problem, use the system restore.

So i used the system restore, going back to last week, 19th wednesday. I even uninstalled the adapter and reinstalled it. It just wont work.

my internet/protocol for wireless connection under networkconnections:

I put 192.168.1.101 for wireless connection. And default gateway, etc, i put all of them in there.

What are some suggestions?

Try using "Dial-a-Fix" for fixing WMI errors. Check the routers config, save the proper config and do a hardware reSET.

Guest Guest
Try using "Dial-a-Fix" for fixing WMI errors. Check the routers config, save the proper config and do a hardware reSET.

By using "Dial-a-Fix", I fixed the WMI error.

I checked the router's config and Bill double checked it for me by using remote management. So router's setup is right. Any alternative possoble solutions?

Yep we spent quite a bit of time on this one, hes gonna have some neighbors and stuff test his wifi network to see if the router works right.

If the router works but he can't get the card working we will use the wifi card as a dog chew toy, or maybe he can send it to me and I can use it for rocket target practice. :) Or maybe I could even use it for some crazy PCMCIA mod stuff. :)

</rant>

His old router could also be overheating, hes testing fan apparatuses now.

Guest Kevin

My wifi card is fine. I could have my neighbour's wireless connection with it. So it may be the router even though the first time i installed it, it worked out fine for a couple of hours. I don't know really. I get signal, trasmitted and received go up very slowly and the light for wireless connection blinks every 10 mins.

I remember using my adapter(wireless connection) with cable connection before I moved down here. But right now ive been trying to make it work, but it doesnt.

Any suggestions?