LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Im new and in need of updated drivers...!

cubanresourceful

Ok, first ill tell you a little informations on my laptop.

Toshiba

Satellite 5205-S5151

32 MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 460 Go

Driver: 6.13.10.3639 (36.39)

Now, I am wondering, if any of these updated drivers that you people have wonderfully created would work on my laptop, and if so, please be kind as to tell me which version to get. As I dont want my laptop messed up. Thank you on the support.

Please check the 5X0X thread in Mobile Utilities section. You will find more than you want.

Please check the 5X0X thread in Mobile Utilities section. You will find more than you want.

I wil check that out later. I read an FAQ, saw my NVIDIA card, installed the recommened driver with the modded inf, and I am going to reboot my computer now. Thanks for the help, and ill make sure to check out the 5X0X thread after rebooting.

I double post for a new question. Although not related to topic, its better than making a new question, no? Ok, here goes. My laptop seems to not run when equiped with more than 1 GB ram. Is there any way to go around this limitation? I installed a new NVIDIA driver from this site, would that fix the problem? I have 1 GB ram card bought, and 2x 256 ram cards, if i use 1 GB with 256 MB card it will flash the BSoD, then shut down. It works perfect with either 2x 256 MB installed, or 1 GB installed. Is this limitation surpassable?

Intel 845MP chipset (used in TS 5205) is limited to 1GB RAM.

I see, so since its the chip, there is no way around this limitation? Wow, thanks for that information. And I tried to pm you, but it seems like your mailbox is full? Okay, i got two micellenious questions to ask. One, how exactly did you get your laptop(?) to boot up in 13.84 seconds? I guess i better start playing around with bootvis. And second, the possible link to MRBOSS page is not there, and it would be cool to see how to make my laptop boot more swiftly. Thanks for the help RRR.

BootVis is not responsible for enhancing the boottime. It's just for time measuring reasons and visualization.

It's a combination of a kept clean XP (which is the most annoying part as there's tooo much crap- and bloatware out there; thank god there is Image software), a handselected range of settings and a fastspinning Harddisk (Hitachi 7K60).

To keep the boottime this low for a duration of let say 1 year is impossible. It's a boot benchmark value, not a real world value. Real world would be 10 to 20 seconds more. The record boottime i personally set was around 6 seconds with a custom build Desktop for a customer of mine.

Bla i would go on for hours, but have to do my work here.

Thank you. Unfortunetly for me, my laptop isn't unclean. I use it for alot of applications, but ocassionally I defrag it, optimize it with software, etc. to speed it up a bit. I dont know, but have you tried Windows Vista? Is it worth overrighting my current Windows XP Professional for it?

Unless you want a s***ty OS, stick with XP.