LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver crashes my pc! :(

Guest abyssling

Guest abyssling

Laptop Make/Model - Dell Latitude D800

Graphics Card -- Geforce FX Go5200

Current Driver Version - Dell Oem 6.14.10.7811 (only driver available from Dell site for my laptop, I do not use Dell restore cd, this is a fresh install of XP Pro with a Volume license disk and then installing Dell drivers)

Last Useable Driver Version - Dell OEM

Operating System - XP Pro 32 bit SP2

An accurate description of the issue at hand - I have tried numerous times creating my own nv4_disp.inf's using guides on the internet as well as trying the driver/inf packages posted here. Every time it seems to install just fine, then I reboot and get a black screen and have to F8-Last Known Good. The last driver i tried here was 84.25. Can someone give me a hand? I have read the FAQ's and browsed the forums and cant seem to find the solution.

Nerd Log is attached.

Thanks!

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Try uninstalling the old driver first, then reboot, then install new driver with HaveDisk method.

If that doesn't help try adding/copying these sections and their corresponding settings from the original 78.11 INF to our modded INF:

[nv4_NV34_AppPerf_WinXP.SoftwareSettings]

AddReg = nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings_NV31, NV34_PMM_AddReg, BandwidthFactor_To_4_AddReg

AddReg = nv_AppPerf_AddReg

AddReg = PerfLevelSrcNV34_AddReg