LaptopVideo2Go Forums

can't install driver for my GF Go 5700

qosmioistoshiba

Hi guys

I own a Toshiba Qosmio F15-AV201 laptop that comes with 128MB DDR SDRAM NVIDIA® GeForce? FX GO 5700 VRAM. The problem happens few days ago when the screen suddenly blank out and nothing responds. I forced it to shut down and restarted Windows but i can see vertical blue lines at the start-up screen. Once it loaded into windows, blue screen appears and restarted again. I reboot into SafeMode. I uninstall the driver and everything load perfectly. I did install the latest driver downloaded from Toshiba website but it crashed my computer again (blue screen and reboot itself)! Now I have to run my comp w/o the Nvidia card and the screen resolution is far less optimal.

Just now I also tried installing the 84.25 driver for the card but again it went into blue screen during halfway setting up.

any advice please?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by qosmioistoshiba

Unistall driver first.

Run something like driver cleaner in safemode to remove old driver files that are clogging up your system.

Now try a reinstall of a new driver.

Unistall driver first.

Run something like driver cleaner in safemode to remove old driver files that are clogging up your system.

Now try a reinstall of a new driver.

I did. I even format my HD and install a new Windows XP Pro before I install the latest driver. The problem is the same. :)

Anyone pls help!!!

Edited by qosmioistoshiba

Try a different driver? :)

Try a different driver? :)

Done that before with different drivers on this website but nothing helps. Arrgg.....

Is you GPU broken ?

It might be buggered when going to 3D mode as 2D seems to work OK

There's a problem with your video card which is part of the motherboard assembly. The only fix for that is to change the motherboard, it's a known issue on the later varsion of Qosmio F15.