LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I'm sure you have heard it all before, My search has been useless

SarahHall79

I have had this problem since I bought my laptop with the screen flickering black and then it is fine, after a while the system started crashing during the playing of movies, now that I have installed some games the same thing happens. So I did a net search about graphic cards and came across this site. I have tried a few drivers now and I am now on the 81.98 and still having the same problems but not game to tamper anymore without any help.

Here are 2 of the warnings I got from the games,

With Sims 2 Nightlife : Failed to find any Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

With Command and Conquer Generals: A serious error occured.

This has been very frusturating and have contemplated taking a hammer to this thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have enough computer smarts to get through this on my own.

Here is the thing that NERD spat out.

Thanks Heaps

Sarah

post-8041-1197704333_thumb.jpg

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

On the first look (and without checking the game requirements) i would say these games need more recent drivers. So go with our recommended driver version 84.25

On the second look (reading the NERD log) i see something is wrong with your current driver installation. Driver seems to be installed correctly, but DIRT (part of the "LV2Go NERD suite") cannot read values from the NVIDIA Control Panel, so this might be a hint that also games can't use the driver correctly as it is not properly installed.

Try uninstalling 81.98 then reboot, then install 84.25 with our modded INF and the HaveDisk method.

//Hey that avatar wasn't there as i began to reply

I am assuming that I need to reboot in safe mode, are there instructions on how to do the uninstalling and installing since I have just been installing over each one :S

Yes there are instructions. Read my signature

I'll try it right away and get back to you, thanks a heap, fingers are crossed!!!

I don't mean to sound like a complete tool but do I re install in safe mode as well, I have never been good with drivers, thanks again :)

The install must be done in normal mode. Since your revolve around 8x.xx drivers the uninstall thru safe-mode is not compulsary. A classic control panel uninstall will do the trick. Even a dirty install right ontop of current driver will probably work. :)

ps: you might want to edit out the brunette on your nice Gretag McBeth Color checker picture.

I installed the driver 84.25 it installed alright but I decided to test before saying anything too soon and The Sims crashed withing 5 minutes and there was a blue screen with lots of writting on it that went to quick for me to read, after it rebooted I was told that the system recovered from a serious error. :S I did another NERD thingy maybe that will have some answers? Thanks again :)

That pic is a favorite of mine, It shows my personality perfectly :)

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Driver is now correctly installed.

If not only SIMS but all other games Bluescreen, then it's likely a hardware defect (graphic card burned out due to heat or whatever). A case for SONY Support :)

You should reinstall the original driver whjich came with your Laptop in case you send it in to SONY :) As far what i can see from the log that was 77.43

Are you sure you uninstalled the old driver or just installed the new one on top of the old.....

I am pretty sure I uninstalled the other drivers, I don't know how to check for sure. I unistalled then rebooted there was a warning that my hardware may not work properly, then a pop up that an installation had happened and I would need to reboot the system but I ignored and installed the 84.25 then rebooted again. I am guessing that it may have installed the original driver again on default and I may have put 84.25. The beauty of these Vaios is there is a 3rd partition that will restore Windows :S

I just went through the process as if I was going to install a driver with the have disk method, I noticed 2 drivers that were compatable with hardware

Nvidia geforce go 6400 one digitaly signed and the other was not.

So I uncheck the box that says show compatable hardware, and a huge list comes up of 300 odd drivers but on the top there are 4 that are digitally signed

Nvidia GeForce Go 6200 Version 7.7.4.3 [06/09/2005]

Nvidia GeForce Go 6200

Nvidia GeForce Go 6400

Nvidia GeForce Go 6400

Im not sure if this info will help but I thought it might be worth a try.

I just tested Command and Conquer and it just said the same thing as before. A serious error has occured, no blue screen like the Sims............

Edited by SarahHall79

When it told you to reboot and you ignored it....Thats where it got messed up. Whenever your computer tells you to restart, do it.