LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Low scores in 3dmark in Amilo 3438g

jimmi

Hi all. This is my first post.

I have Amilo 3438g, centrino 1,8, 1 gb ram Xp pro, and 6800go with 78.10 version of nvidia driver

The benchmark with 3dmark03 was 8600 aprox. (9900 with medium overclok)

Ok

The last week, I added a second HDD (in raid 0). I Format and reinstalling... SO, drivers, apps.. OK

Now, The benchmark with 3dmark03 is 7500 aprox :)

I updated the bios of 6800 to 5.41.02.39.60

.......The benchmark with 3dmark03 is 7500 aprox :) :P

I upated the version drivers to 84.25

.....The benchmark with 3dmark03 is 7500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aprox :( :( :P

I dont understand anything .... :)

Please, somebody can help me ?

Edited by jimmi

Updating drivers or your BIOS wont give you more than 50-100 points in 3dmark.....Sometimes it will even get lower.

Do you have another HDD on your shelves? If you do remove the RAID array HDDs and use a unique HDD. Reinstall Windows and do your benchmark thingy.

It might not be related... but the beefier version of my GPU the 6800 Ultra requires a 130W power supply instead of the classic Dell 90W. So my idea is that the extra 5/10W required by the extra HDD might be too much for your power supply.. therefore your GPU refuses to engage the higher gears.

It might not be related... but the beefier version of my GPU the 6800 Ultra requires a 130W power supply instead of the classic Dell 90W. So my idea is that the extra 5/10W required by the extra HDD might be too much for your power supply.. therefore your GPU refuses to engage the higher gears.

Thx for yours ansewrs

that is very interesting...

but... I forget to say , that one friend have the same amilo model. Also it has two HDD in raid 0.

So, he re-install al system with same drivers versión that me (he used the same cd of lastest drivers version, recorded for me), and he have a normal score in 3dmark03 (8600 points)

The only difference is that the amilo of my friend have two HDD when it bought it , but my amilo it only had one HDD. I added a second HDD later, buy pieces of fujitsu´partner of my country (spain)

my amilo it is not ready for support the extra voltage? :) :)

my amilo it is not ready for support the extra voltage? :) :)

It was just a wild guess... and it's not extra voltage... it's extra wattage or amps.

I just checked the specs of my Toshiba 80Gb HDD... it's peak power requirements is 5W when it starts. Base usage gives 3W... so this unlikely to be the cause of your problems. You can save the 3 extra watts just by cooling your graphic card properly.

Check your Via Raid driver version.