LaptopVideo2Go Forums

guide[step by step] overclock m3438g

mattias

hello im from sweden so please have forgvines for my english. i should be very happy if someone can give me a nice uppdated guide, [step by step would be nice] how i overclock my amilo m3438g. must i flash the laptop first ?, how do i do that ? play mostly BF2, cs-source, and sometimes prey, half life2......... how much better "power" does the laptop get if i overclock processor[1.73ghz centrino] and nvidia go6800 ? see you mattias

The only way I know of to overclock the Pentium M 740 is through a hardware modification....And for the Go 6800, Look Here.

Here's the link to the hardware mod to overclock your proccessor.

Edited by The_Lead_Factor

thank you, i dont understand what a "hardware modification" is ?, do i have to change my processor ? my english is a bit bad you see, but thank you for the weblinks, this drivers forceware 83.20 ........ are the drivers for my bios ? ive read that you have much better speed if you update this driver, and do i have to flash my laptop first?

Edited by mattias

The vBIOS is a whole different thing and you shouldnt be bothered by that. The hardware mod I was talking about was...well it involves taking out your proccessor and sticking a bit of wire in one of the pins. Just install the drivers from that thread and your fine. Oh and what do you mean "Flash onto my laptop"? Do you mean flashing an updated BIOS onto it?

The vBIOS is a whole different thing and you shouldnt be bothered by that. The hardware mod I was talking about was...well it involves taking out your proccessor and sticking a bit of wire in one of the pins. Just install the drivers from that thread and your fine. Oh and what do you mean "Flash onto my laptop"? Do you mean flashing an updated BIOS onto it?

the weblink you gave me [driver: nvidia 84.25 aka oblivion] is this driver for my graphiccard[go6800] ? how much better power do you think my laptop gone get. with flash i mean, must i flash the laptop before i use this driver 84.25 ?

one last thing, is the 84.25 driver the latest driver ?

thank you for the help, i think i uppdate with 84.25, like you said.mattias

Edited by mattias

No its not the latest driver.....latest almost never means best.

thanks for your answer, i see that you have overclock your go6600 core to:378 and your memory to:756.

has it been much better power if you want to play ex BF2 or CS-source, i wondering just how much i should overclock my go6800.

"Fabrice Roux" write this; //Remark: the Geforce 6800 Go is incredibly overclockable... mainly because when it was released nVidia announced that in time and with the proper cooling this core will be able to reach 450MHz (up from 300MHz).//

its sounds lovely ! im going to try overclock but first i try 84.25 driver and see if it plays better on BF2.

Well my card came clocked at 300//600 so this gives me about an extra 5-10 FPS on most games including BF2. I know that most people wouldnt recomend this but try clicking "Detect Optimal Frequencies" on the Clock Frequencies tab in the nvidia control pannel after you install the 84.25 drivers. It gave me and a few people ive helped a pretty good estimate of the limits of your card.

Hope you can understand that...If not PM me and ill help from there.

i have bios version 1.06c now, how much better do you think my laptop going to perform with

version 1.10c[latest, FS-homepage].is it SAFE to uppdate bios?. were can i see how much my go6800-card is clocked from start ? is it 300/600 like your ?

i send a pm next time if its ok !

Edited by mattias

i installed driver 84.25, it went fine. now i can set core & memory frekvens, the core is now from the start at 325 mhz & and the memory at 600 mhz. I read on page;

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8887

that this guy "miki" have ;

84.25 1024x768 default - 4335 @ 380/680

84.25 1024x768 4xAA... - 3844 @ 380/680.

can i now just turn upp the core frekvens & memory frekvens, WHITOUT download & install ex. NVTweak or rivatuner ? it looks that way !

Edited by mattias

can i now just turn upp the core frekvens & memory frekvens, WHITOUT download & install ex. NVTweak or rivatuner ? it looks that way !

With RivaTuner you can remove the hardware check, which protects the GPU from too much overclocking. The check may be overprotective - my memory clock could be max 618-621 but after using RivaTuner I could test at least 668 - which was way too much of course.