LaptopVideo2Go Forums

my frequency goes back to deafult

mattias

can someone help me, when i overclock my go6800 to 350/660 [driver 84.25] and press ok & check the "Apply these settings at startup" to make the overclocking permanent, the frequency goes back to deafult [start settings][325/600] why ? must i press "Ctrl"-button or something ?

Post your question once... People can waste their time answering in one place when you already got your answer somewhere else. I deleted the FOUR IDENTICAL QUESTIONS in various threads.

Try uninstalling Rivatuner and re-installing the driver. It looks like some people have overclocking issues when Rivatuner is around.

ps: dont spam users with Personnal Message when the simple question can be asked on the forum... it might help future users. About the overclocking limits, the Recommended driver FAQ has this information in the spec table.

ok i install rivatuner and then driver again, hope it works. thanks for your answer.

do you mean if i have rivatuner installed ? because i dont. but i gone try to install rivatuner now and maybe the problem goes away.

do you mean if i have rivatuner installed ? because i dont. but i gone try to install rivatuner now and maybe the problem goes away.

Can you try to make a bit more sense? Just uninstall rivatuner and forget about it if it keeps causing problems.

i have not rivatuner installed om my laptop , ive never had that, [sorry for my english], i installed 84.30 and the same problem came up, i cant save core & memory settings[goes back to 325/600], maybe i have to check some other control in the panel ? sorry for the missunderstading.

can it maybe be the bios, i have the 1.06c from fujitsu-siemens homepage, they have 1.10c there, but i dont think its gone solve the problem to uppdate to 1.10c, or ?

Edited by mattias

It most likely wont solve the problem. try uninstalling the drivers, restarting your computer, and re-installing the driver, and restart again.

No it would just reset itself in the control pannel again anyway. Lets wait and see what happened after he freshly installed those drivers.

how much better do you think a amilo m3438g gone perform with ex 84.25 and some overklock, do you think im gone "feel" it in ex, BF2. is someone know if BIOSversion 39.61 is the same like 1.10c from FS-homepage, i cant find any 39.61version ! maybe the videocard its locked on 325/600 all time ?

Edited by mattias

GPU's arent locked at anything and your only gona feel the difference when using a 3d application or game like BF2. And theres no reason for you to update your BIOS.

Edited by The_Lead_Factor

strange, som people say that they have flash the videocards bios to 39.60, then the overclock will work, i dont know ? how many fps do you think a overclock on 50 mhz will do ?

Edited by mattias

Mabe 2-4 more FPS.....To really get a difference, try to get a better cooling system and increase the core speed by around 100-150, The memory speed should always be double the core speed.

strange, som people say that they have flash the videocards bios to 39.60, then the overclock will work, i dont know ?

39.49 and 39.60 Bioses should behave the same when overclocking. 39.60 was needed to get 82.xx drivers to work correctly on Amilo. But different results concerning overclocking have been seen - some users could overclock only wih 39.49 bios

i dont want to flash bios on go6800 because the warranty goes out then. im sorry that it dont works whithout flash, to bad ! i dont think i earn so many fps anyway, or ?

ps.

is it safe to use driver cleaner pro 1.5, you dont "flash" [burn] anything in to your videocard ?

Edited by mattias

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS now its working, drove 3 st 3dmark05 and got 400 points more, yippi!. i uninstalled the 84.25 first, and then installed then it worked. should i have the settings

"use this settings from start" checked ? i think so ? the temp. is allso fine , around 60 C. what should i now be carefully with now ?

ps.thanks for all help.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS now its working, drove 3 st 3dmark05 and got 400 points more, yippi!. i uninstalled the 84.25 first, and then installed then it worked. should i have the settings

"use this settings from start" checked ? i think so ? the temp. is allso fine , around 60 C. what should i now be carefully with now ?

Fine. What settings do you use?

I check my temperatures randomly with NVTempLogger, it can write a log file and/or show a graph about your GPU temperatures.

i have 380/680, forceware 84.25, got 4280 points in 3dmark05, i got 3370 from start with default settings, so F(#### NICE ! [its much more then 400 points that i wrote before, my misstake], is NVTempLogger any good,

i press Ctrl/alt + del and check my temp. when i gaming.

ps, i use NO rivatuner, new bios, etc.

PSS. is it bad for the videocard to have it locked on 380/680 all time ? or should i maybe have rivatuner and have one normalsettings[325/600] and one gamingsettings[380/680] ? and can i use rivatuner for fancontroll also ?

Edited by mattias

Don't ask by personal message questions that you left on the board...

i press Ctrl/alt + del and check my temp. when i gaming.

The GPU temperature goes down 5-10 degrees in a wink, a logger gives "right" readings.