LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver help for gaming

AliClifton

Hi all.

I'm new to this site,Ive been looking for a site like this for ages and can i just say that i think what you guys do is fantastic.

I'm looking to update my drivers to improve my laptops performance in gaming, mostly with bf2. Im using a Geforce Go 6200 with turbocache 128mb and currently i can run bf2 reasonbly well on medium - low settings but i get some annoying lag and graphical bugs.

Ive installed drivers before and from the guide on these forums i think i know how to replace INFs with your modded INFs.

But, despite reading the guides and bf2 sticky im a bit confused as to which drivers and modded INF would be best for performance in bf2 and most games in my system.

Im also not exactly sure how to do the driver tweaks and which tweaks would be best.

From AJH's benchmarks i reckon the best driver for me would be something in the 80s, specifically 84.12.

But if anyone could give me any advice on this i would really appreciate it, especially if you play bf2, use my vid card, or a Sony laptop similar to mine.

Thanks guys

-Ali

80 series are very good for your GPU. I would suggest trying 84.12 and 84.25. Happy gaming!

80 series are very good for your GPU. I would suggest trying 84.12 and 84.25. Happy gaming!

Thx Snowl il try them and let you know how i get on!

edit: I'm just about to install the driver, but do i need to rename the modded INF file from nv4_disp to the name given to INFs in sony drivers NVSZ?

Edited by AliClifton

I'm just about to install the driver, but do i need to rename the modded INF file from nv4_disp to the name given to INFs in sony drivers NVSZ?

does anybody know whether i need to do this?

Thanks,Ali