LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Counter Strike1.6 Dedicated server

Guest Kevin

I've been trying to make my own (public) dedicated server for counter strike 1.6

I thought port forwarding was needed, so i went to home network- predefined services- chose Half life client/server. Then i enabled it and a new window popped up saying: Host will allow incoming connections to a designated local PC. And Dynamic will only allow outgoing connections from any local PC.

So I chose "Host" and then under Half Life Client/Serive, it says service mode: Port forwarding, Host device: winxp.

Now I just restarted my dedicated server and none of my friends can connect to my server(my server's IP add: whatismyip:27015)

Anyone can help me out here?

Look for *crossing fingers* help... on CS forums.

Are you connected directly to the internet (using a modem) or behind a router? If you are behind a router you'll need to forward some ports to your server machine.

Look for *crossing fingers* help... on CS forums.

Are you connected directly to the internet (using a modem) or behind a router? If you are behind a router you'll need to forward some ports to your server machine.

i am directly connected to my DSL modem.

I was about to give up this whole server thing and searched my server name in gametiger.com. And it showed up... The IP address for the server says(according the website), 65.6.145.107:50784

That is not even close to my IP address and where does 50784 come from???

I added two 27015 ports in windows firewall.. weird

Port forwarding is usually done via your modem, it's not related to Windows Firewall. Since you have a dsl modem there should be somewhere you can get into its configuration through web or a client app. Then read your manual to forward ports. If you have done that, before trying complex apps like a game server, try configuring and running a bit simple thing, an ftp server maybe to test your settings. Also close any firewalls just in case.

It's not smart to post your IP on a forum... especially if you have a static one. Open your network adapter properties and check your IP. If it starts with 10.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x you are likely behind the DSL modem internal router.

If you have a REAL direct connection to the internet then you might want to disable the Windows XP firewall for testing purpose. IIRC the 27015 port is only used to initiate the connection so it's the only port you have to open on your network to be seen by the internet.

• 2 years later...