LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Laptop to HDTV output problems

noeyes712

Hi,

I'm completely new to all of this, so this may be a simple fix but I can't figure out what to do.

I just got an HDTV with a standard 15-pin VGA input for PC use. My laptop is a toshiba satellite m35-s359 with the geforce fx go5200. I followed the directions with the modded INF to install 84.25 drivers. The TV has a resolution of 1360 x 768, but this resolution isn't an option in the display settings. No matter what I do I can't seem to add this as a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel. I get a message that says "the custom resolution cannot be added." I make a bit more progress when I used the "advanced timing" panel, where I can set 1360 x 768, but I can't seem to tweak the other settings (front porch etc.) to get the right frequencies for my TV. When I set the resolution at 1360 x 768, the left couple of inches of the desktop is repeated on the right side of the TV, while the right couple inches is black. The TV manual has a table of recommended resolutions and the corresponding horizontal, vertical, and pixel clock frequencies as well as sync polarity. When I go into the advanced timing menu and I try to adjust these, I can't seem to adjust the porch and sync pulse numbers etc. to get these frequencies just right.

Is there a way to add this custom resolution that I'm not figuring out, or just some way to force a 16:9 aspect desktop? Is there some way to manipulate the advanced timing controls to match my tv's recommended settings?

They are:

Resolution 1360 x 68. Horizontal frequency 47.712 kHz. Vertical Frequency 60.015 Hz. Pixel Clock frequency 85.800 MHz. Sync Polarity +/+.

Any ideas that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.