LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need old drivers quick!

mew905

I'm tryin to get a trio64v+ driver for Windows XP, unfortunately my buddy's harddrive is only 1GB so I couldnt install the full version of Windows XP, or else I wouldn't be asking for the driver. The ones I got are for windows 95/98 so they dont work. I also need these other drivers:

Creative Labs Soundblaster 16 PnP (uses a large black slot, older than PCI, I think it's called an ISA)

Pine Group ADMtek AN983B (PCI)

As I mentioned they need to be winXP compaitable and they are not mobile drivers either. Thanks

The last time I had similar hardware on my computer it was back in '95... it was a Pentium 100. You don't want to use Windows XP on that old hardware... plus you are likely to only have 64Mb or less of RAM.

In case you are really really desperate... you probably won't get anything better than the default Windows XP VGA driver. IIRC the card comes with only 1Mb of VRAM... which means 640x480x24 is the best you can fit on the card. :)

You have those options: Windows 98 SE or a tiny Linux distro (Xubuntu) or hardware upgrade.

k, well windows XP has the driver inf files, all I need is the s3legacy.sys file now. it's not on the CD though :-\

Attach the complete NERD log so it's easier for me to google :)

René he is talking about a graphic card made gazillion years before the Windows XP era. I still use one similar card to tests PC when I guess that the AGP/PCI-Express port is fried.

There is a NT driver dated 1997...

Rule of thumb: when your graphic card has a Windows 3.1 driver it's time to throw it away.

Actually S3 Trio GPU in all it's combinations is not only gazillion years old, but was also built in gazillions of cheap PreBuilt PCs... and as he's running XP the NERD will tell me all the innards of that stone age PC.

I NSIST ON NERD :)

When I bought my first 3D accelerator... a Voodoo 1 4Mb... I think I had a S3 Trio 64 as base PCI graphic card.

At that time I had a Pentium 100, 24Mb of RAM, a Creative AWE 32, 540Mb and 2500Mb HDD and a nice USRobotics Courrier VEverything modem.

...and that was 1997

*reminisce*

Yes it was... My first games using the Voodoo were Pod and Tomb Raider 1... then came Quake 1, Unreal 1 and Tribes 1.

Dude we are old. :)