LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell 8600 for photo editing...

Guest Guest

I use my Dell 8600 to mainly edit and print photos. Adobe CS2 is pretty much all i use it for. It has NVGo5650 graphics and I am looking for a very high quality driver that might be better for a photo/video editing pc. ANy suggestions? I am going to be buying a Eye-One Display 2 colorimeter to calibrate the LCD so my prints match the screen more accurately. Any help would be great.

I use my Dell 8600 to mainly edit and print photos. Adobe CS2 is pretty much all i use it for. It has NVGo5650 graphics and I am looking for a very high quality driver that might be better for a photo/video editing pc. ANy suggestions? I am going to be buying a Eye-One Display 2 colorimeter to calibrate the LCD so my prints match the screen more accurately. Any help would be great.

Sorry I forgot to login in....its my post.

Depending on the quality of the LCD screen of the laptop you might not be able to achieve a good color matching. You might want to consider the LaCie Blue Eye 2 colorimeter. It uses the hardware of the Gretag McBeth but with a better software suite.

This colorimeter is used intensively by BeHardware... so you might want to email Vincent Alzieu. And here is a benchmark of the Colorvision Spyder 2 against the LaCie Blue Eye.

Depending on the quality of the LCD screen of the laptop you might not be able to achieve a good color matching. You might want to consider the LaCie Blue Eye 2 colorimeter. It uses the hardware of the Gretag McBeth but with a better software suite.

This colorimeter is used intensively by BeHardware... so you might want to email Vincent Alzieu. And here is a benchmark of the Colorvision Spyder 2 against the LaCie Blue Eye.

Well i frequent the forums at photozo.com since photography is a hobby. Alot of knowledgeable people over there when it comes to this stuff and the eye-one display 2 is supposed work excellent on LCD or laptop displays. I have the WSXGA screen, Samsung brand I believe.