LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with PowerMizer

Guest Richard

Guest Richard

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 w/ Geforce 6800, currently running Dell's stock drivers. I had upgraded to the 91-series Xtreme-G drivers recently, but due to problems with PowerMizer, downgraded to this one, which is newer than the one I used to have. The problem is that the Powermizer setting for AC power keeps getting set to maximum power savings, and battery power to maximum performance, even when I change it; it gets reset to the (non-default) settings every time I close the display properties dialog. Performance in games have dropped considerably, although I haven't been able to run any benchmarks. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? I have attached the NERD logfile.

Thanks in advance.

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Powermizer settings pane attached

At least it's not an universal XTreme-G 9.x /6800 problem, as my Amilo/go6800/XTreme-G 91.37(tweakerized) has no problems to keep the settings where I put them.

Uninstall your current drivers, restart, run a driver cleaning program, restart, then install the drivers again and restart again :)

Edited by The_Lead_Factor

Guest Richard
Uninstall your current drivers, restart, run a driver cleaning program, restart, then install the drivers again and restart again :)

I did this, but the problem persists... RivaTuner says that clock speeds are 125MHz even when I run an OpenGL/Direct3D program. When I turn off Powermizer completely in the new nVidia control panel, the clock speed goes up to 290MHz (but then it remains there while on battery, which I don't want). Also, it seems that frame rates are limited to 30fps, with VSync off, even with very simple scenes. Can anyone help?

What driver are you using? Rivatuner has problems with a few of them...Mostly just resetting the clock settings but yours seems to be resetting the powermizer settings too.

What driver are you using? Rivatuner has problems with a few of them...Mostly just resetting the clock settings but yours seems to be resetting the powermizer settings too.

84.30, Dell... the problems were still occuring without RivaTuner.