LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Interrupt key for zepto znote 6615wd notebook?

sadface

Where do i start,

I only got my zepto znote 6615wd 5 days ago and today i've been reading up on getting the latest drivers for my graphics card because i guessed the 84 drivers where old, and they were struggling to handle F.E.A.R, so... I downloaded the 91.13 drivers from the zepto ftp, install them and it all went fine... untill

everytime i booted my lappy up i got an annoying popup saying

"SLi Multi-GPU rendering has been disabled because one of my cards has been removed."

I'm am not the only one suffering as others have reported it..

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread...sli#post1471413

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread...sli#post1471639

So i decided to take action ( obviously the wrong action ) and tried to cure this popup, so some how i ended up going into the bios by pressing f2 while the machine boots up, after looking through i found a setting called PCI EXPRESS GRAPHICS, I thought.. what damaged can come if i turn this off and maybe it might fix my popup problem because it sounds along the lines of the dual graphics jargon....

Anyway i disabled the PCI EXPRESS GRAPHICS and guess what..

MY LAPTOP SCREEN DOESNT WORK AT ALL NOW :) I spoke to zepto uk and explained the symptoms but they said i have to clear my CMOS, now im quite computer literate with me being a web deisnger but pulling out pins on the motherboard is another world to me....

Does anyone know how to do this/ if it will work?/will it viod my warrenty if i do, do it????????????

Any replys would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if its in the wrong forum section I couldn't find help

If you had poped here a little earlier instead of doing stuff by yourself.

For the 2 points bothering you:

- Fear is system crusher you need plenty of RAM a huge CPU and a huge graphic card to play in high resolutions such as 1680x1050. No matter the driver your 7600 is almost at it's limits... 84.21 or 91.31 won't do magic.

- The SLI warning that comes with 91.31 driver can be disabled using a single REG key. The fix is in the 91.31 driver post.

Now your BIOS issue... don't fiddle with things that you don't understand. And allowing the end user to switch off the PCI Express.... DUMMMMMB

The Zepto audience is not that big... so you'll have to be pretty luuucky to find a geek that sticks pliers in his Zepto. Why the hell Zepto support didn't give you the entry point. (probably one of the panel underneath the lappy)

do you think its wise me even trying to reset the cmos by taking out the battery for a short period, i dont want to break my warrenty and they help line were not very 'helpful'

Battery won't help... the CMOS is saved by a dedicated lithium battery.

ps: I edited the thread title so you might get a chance to get help.

I would try to contact other ZEPTO users and ask for the blind (as you have no visual output) keystroke order to access BIOS (ESC , F1, F2 or the like) and then to enable back PCI EXPRESS/

Is this a dual VGA laptop (NVIDIA and integrated lets say Intel GME)? If so the attach a CRT to the VGA port...

The laptop seems to be a one GPU only... specs.

I almost wrote about the blind key... but I felt it would be to wild. :) The ideal would be a F key to load default settings then F10 to save and exit.

Yes, it is wild/adventurous :) ... but the only way we can think of and probably the only realistic way.

blind key didnt work=[ and when i tried to open it up there is some rediculously small screws that i dont have the tools to undo.

blind key didnt work=
it *should* work, as a keyboard will never be attached to PCI Express :)

Someone must tell you the keystroke order - to speak more clearly: which keys must be pressed to 1. access BIOS and 2. the correct order to reach to the SubMenu of the PCI Express setting

Hello all, I've recently ran into problems disabling the pci express graphics on my laptop and there for deactivating my laptop display completely and need the combination of keys to access my default POST bios settings ( before i nakered it up ) so i can boot to default settings so i can see my screen again!.

I've tried ctrl + alt + del when the machine booted up but had no success the screen stays blank.

I'm wonder if anyone has any tips/answers/links to help me in this quest ?

Machine Info :

System BIOS : ZEPTO 1.01 KB

System : Zepto Znote 6615WD

Mainboard : Acer,inc MPAD-MSAE Customer Reference Boards

Chipset: Intel® 945PM / ICH7-M Chipset

Hello all, I've recently ran into problems disabling the pci express graphics on my laptop and there for deactivating my laptop display completely and need the combination of keys to access my default POST bios settings ( before i nakered it up ) so i can boot to default settings so i can see my screen again!.

I've tried ctrl + alt + del when the machine booted up but had no success the screen stays blank.

I'm wonder if anyone has any tips/answers/links to help me in this quest ?

Machine Info :

System BIOS : ZEPTO 1.01 KB

System : Zepto Znote 6615WD

Mainboard : Acer,inc MPAD-MSAE Customer Reference Boards

Chipset: Intel® 945PM / ICH7-M Chipset

Try F2, F8, F12 and Delete

Hey... don't start a new thread about the same issue over and over. I merged your 2 threads.

CTRL+ALT+DEL is the reboot shortcut when you are in the boot sequence. This combination will only make you PC reboot.

Have you bought this computer from a retailer? If yes, you might want to go there and find with the retailer the keys sequence to access the default settings.

If no... then next time you buy a computer and given your computer knowledge you might want to pay the extra bucks to have LOCAL support from a LOCAL store.

mental note: avoid Zepto like the plague... they allow to do stupid things in their BIOS. Disabling PCI Express lanes on a desktop leaves you with the option of plugging a PCI graphic card... on a laptop you end up with an expensive foldable brick.

Hey... don't start a new thread about the same issue over and over. I merged your 2 threads.

CTRL+ALT+DEL is the reboot shortcut when you are in the boot sequence. This combination will only make you PC reboot.

Have you bought this computer from a retailer? If yes, you might want to go there and find with the retailer the keys sequence to access the default settings.

If no... then next time you buy a computer and given your computer knowledge you might want to pay the extra bucks to have LOCAL support from a LOCAL store.

mental note: avoid Zepto like the plague... they allow to do stupid things in their BIOS. Disabling PCI Express lanes on a desktop leaves you with the option of plugging a PCI graphic card... on a laptop you end up with an expensive foldable brick.

I'm a php programmer and database designer. I posted here for help not criticism, and zepto are a very good laptop brand just new to the UK if you would check. And you can't buy these machines locally since they are CUSTOM made if you read the site. You are no use at all you cant even read the questions i asked, i did not ask for a PC reboot, i asked for a BIOS POST boot which is complety different.

//EDIT: deleted strongwords :) Pls. stay on a grown-up level. As a longtime reader you would assess Fabrice's post completely different :) He's of tremendous help here.

Edited by ®®®

Do you happen to be from Argentina? Even distantly related? Falklands doesn't count.

When I read: "I've tried ctrl + alt + del when the machine booted up but had no success the screen stays blank." Excuse me if I misunderstood that you tried to hit ctrl + alt + del at the same time... which at that moment of the boot process triggers a PC reboot. Also excuse me for not knowing the business model of Zepto... I'll whip myself with a salty leather strip all afternoon.

You can be educated an a complete arse... you being a PHP and DB designer makes you (I hope) efficient at PHP and database related stuff... BUT it doesn't turn you into a uber nerd that knows his way around a computer.

Little lesson for the PHP MASTAH... PCI Express is the bus where most of your laptop internal devices are plugged. Turning it off... in an equivalent that you might be able to understand... is like shutting down the complete blood flow in a human body and expect it to work properly. So curretnly your laptop is in a video less, LAN less, WLAN less, HDD less and a bunch of other less thing mode.

I have to be honnest it kinda turns me on when you call me RETARD and MORON. :)

Back to the subject... there should be a place on your manual that talks about the BIOS. (or you might remember which key is required to access the BIOS) The best case is if the manual has screenshots of the BIOS. It might give you the hints to blindly navigate the BIOS like René already told you. (®®®)

One other thing you might want to try... a simple BIOS upgrade using the Zepto ISOs. On a lot of cases it triggers a BIOS parameters reset. But it's not even sure your laptop will boot since it's likely that the IDE devices are not working.

ps: just in case you are from Argentina... let me place a Wikipedia shortcut to the PCI-Express it makes me so smart.

I'm sorry but when your in a bit of distress after causing an unknown error to your laptop you use for work, and then someone from france starts talking down to you.. it doesnt go well with me being british.

That's called intercultural differences :)