LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 7200 & Vista, please help!

keira

Aero needs a GPU with at least 128mb of DEDICATED vram.

Edited by The_Lead_Factor

Aero needs a GPU with at least 128mb of DEDICATED vram.

I have read some users posts about running Aero Glass feature in their vista installation quite well on a GeFeorce Go 7200.

My test of the card shows it has 256 MB of ram, so where is the trick for making it run Aero Glass ?

Guest Newcomer
nvm figured it out, sorry for double post. I have HP pavilion dv2000t notebook with 2GB RAM and 128mb Geforce Go 7200. You download the 96.33 driver, then download the modded inf file and replace with the inf in the extracted folder you downloaded before. Then you go to device manager, update driver from that folder. Tats it, no more bluescreen errors and you can run aero, also aero works fine and i CAN play solitare :) . Tx for the info.

I have installed Vista RC1. I have Go7200 with 128M RAM and the system said it is a standard VGA. I have downloaded 96.33 driver but when I run setup it said I am not using Vista!

Where can I get the modded inf file? :)

Happy Birthday and thanks for not using the search button, Or using your goddamn eyes for that matter! :) Edited by The_Lead_Factor

Happy Birthday and thanks for not using the search button, Or using your goddamn eyes for that matter! :)

is 96.77 the best driver for the geforce go7200 since it's the most recent or should I go for the 8xxx series?

Congratulations :) We have here the first "What is the Best Driver for VISTA?" question even though VISTA isn't on the shelves yet and will not be since next year

Congratulations :) We have here the first "What is the Best Driver for VISTA?" question even though VISTA isn't on the shelves yet and will not be since next year

I think you very well understand the intentions of my question: I was looking for other user's experiences. Instead of giving soms sarcastic remarks, you could also help others out by for instance telling there is no such thing as a 'best' driver or something like that. And ofcouse I know that Vista isn't released yet, but is that a reason I can't ask questions about it? Since I've read all of the FAQ it's stll not quite clear to me what to use, because the FAQ mentions a 8x.xx series driver.

if you want to use your forum just to ridiculize 'newbies' then just say so.

Edited by Nghia

And you could also help us by reading the FAQ's. (There is no "Best" driver for everything.)

1. what driver do I need (where do I download this)

2. where can I find this so called modded INF

3. how do I replace the file

All these questions are asked over and over and over and over again. Sarcasm results out of resignation as i see the majorities of new members or guests did _not_ and would _never_ (for some reason to be researched) put effort in reading the FAQ section and the stickied posts in there. It was not a joke that we took hours and days to elaborate those FAQ threads as it's a real time saver for both visitors and us :)
you could also help others out by for instance telling there is no such thing as a 'best' driver or something like that.
That'S what i and all the others did here the years before, over and over again :) I can only say: pls. read the FAQ.

And you could also help us by reading the FAQ's. (There is no "Best" driver for everything.)

I must inform you that I actually read the FAQ, several times to be precise. and ofcourse there is no 'best driver' so do I have to rephrase my question in order to receive an answer? Very well since it is your forum.

My question is: what driver currently gives the best performance for the Go 7200 under Vista RC2? is this the 96.77 or the 8x.xx *mentioned in the FAQ, or another driver?

I know you put a lot of effort in setting up the FAQ, and it can be quite frustrating if everyone asks the same question over and over again. But i DID read it, and still didn't quite get it (blame me for that) but would that be a reason to just ridiculize any questions asked regarding that matter?

Ok, Thats a better question. On my 6600, each new driver is faster than the last so I recomend you go with the new 90 series ones.

• 8 months later...
Guest Mark Cutler
You're installing an XP driver in Vista, this will work to get a Control panel and play games with.

BUT the XP drivers don't support Aero effects, you needs a Vista driver.

Have a look in the 80 (85+) series for a selection of them.

You'll need to find a driver with an INF called nvbl.inf (HP OEM INF), now you should be able to run Aero.

BUT the go7200 might only be marginal to get desent performance, as it's the slowest clocked go7x00 series GPU.

Also you need at least 128MB of dedicated RAM (most go7300's come with only 64MB, not sure on your go7200), Turbocache doesn't count here, as this is not fast enough to run it smoothly.

Vista with Aero is a real CPU/GPU resource hog, I can't even run Solitaire in VGA mode it's just too slow.

Hope this helps

i have dv2188ea HP pavillion and it has Go 7200. it handles aero brilliantly

• 2 years later...
Guest isarapun boonmat

nvm figured it out, sorry for double post. I have HP pavilion dv2000t notebook with 2GB RAM and 128mb Geforce Go 7200. You download the 96.33 driver, then download the modded inf file and replace with the inf in the extracted folder you downloaded before. Then you go to device manager, update driver from that folder. Tats it, no more bluescreen errors and you can run aero, also aero works fine and i CAN play solitare :) . Tx for the info.