LaptopVideo2Go Forums

hp dv8000t dual screen trouble

Guest siliconbauhaus

Guest siliconbauhaus

I came across this forum last night and I am most impressed by the knowledge of the members here.

I have a hp dv8000t with a nvidia go 7400 17"widescreen max res 1680 X 1050. My drivers are the latest HP ones posted here with the modded inf.

I normally run dual screens and I used to have a 19crt alongside. As this wasnt a widescreen monitor I set it up to run at 1600 X 1200 and it was fine.

I purchased a couple of days ago a samsung 940bw 19" widescreen lcd to replace the crt. The default max res is 1440X900 which isnt great but is usable. I dont seem to be able to bump up the res on the samsung so I resigned myself to dropping the laptop down to 1440 X 900. The problem is at the resolution the display is so blurry is unusable.

Any suggestions would be most welcome otherwise I might just take the samsung back to the store.

cheers,

patrick

Why is it necessary that they be the same resolution?

You should be able to send 2 different resolutions... I used my laptops in dual screens with external display using smaller, larger and identical resolution... even with aspect ratio difference it works.

If your current driver doesn't work... try the latest official driver from HP without modding the INF file. (the one you would get thru HP support)

The native screen of your external display is 1440x900 THIS IS THE MAX RES PERIOD. So use 1440x900 on the external in desktop extend mode and 1680x1050 on the laptop.

Guest siliconbauhaus

Thanks for the replies but maybe I didnt make myself clear.

I've been trying to get my laptop screen to display at 1440X900 to match the 19"lcd. I'm just being fussy I know.

The problem I'm having is that as soon as I invoke 1440X900 on the laptop the screen image becomes very blurry and nowhere near as sharp as at 1680X1050. I cant figure why at a lower res the sharpness would drop ?