LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v95.64 VISTA 32bit | VISTA 5536 & 5552

®®®

drv_forceware.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare 95.64

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_nfo.gifDriver NFO | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit

Driver Version: 95.64 (9.5.6.4)

Driver Date: 2006-08-22

Driver Size: 2.203.443 bytes

Driver Released by: NV/MS

MS WHQL Certificate: False

Setup Files Included: False

International Files: False

New Control Panel: False

Mobile Support: n/a

Comments

Besides nv4_disp.inf this driver includes again -like VISTA 5472- the following mobile ODM/OEM INFs for different Laptops.

See the LV2Go compiled ODM/OEM INF list for detailed information what the abbreviations mean.

• nvam.inf
  • nvaw.inf
  • nvbl.inf
  • nvcp.inf
  • nvdm.inf
  • nvgw.inf
  • nvio.inf
  • nvlh.inf
  • nvmo.inf
  • nvqa.inf
  • nvsm.inf
  • nvsz.inf
  • nvts.inf

Changelog/Release Notes

No information.

Documents

No documents.

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce FX Go5200: Here from Larry (v53.03 - current) @ Inspirion 5150
  • GeForce FX Go5700: Here from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - v84.21) @ Area 51-M 766
  • GeForce FX Go5700: Here from zipper (v53.51 - 82.10) @ ACER 1714
  • GeForce Go 6200: Here from AJH (v70.75 - current) @ VGN-FS115M
  • GeForce Go 6600: Here from Mr.G (v84.21 - current) @ Qosmio F20-149
  • GeForce Go 6600: Here from Heazky (v71.90 - 82.10) @ Tecra S2
  • GeForce Go 6800: Here from Miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 6800: Here from zipper (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 4438G
  • GeForce Go 7600: Here from fensterbank (v84.20 - current) @ Aspire 5652
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Here from jamesd (v79.31 - current) @ D900T

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.5.2

Any eta on the modified driver?

Since my Go 6150 is not detected in 5536.

Still "Code 43..."-Error :)

Any eta on the modified driver?

Since my Go 6150 is not detected in 5536.

Use previous Vista driver version INF file.

There is probably a reason why Fujisu Siemens did't post a Vista driver for it's mobile GPUs. So unless FS release a new driver you probably won't be able to workaround this Code 43 that is so popular with FS lappies.

Use previous Vista driver version INF file.

None of the previous versions have the 6150 either (dev ID 244), only the desktop version.

Could I just add the corresponding lines for my device in the inf file myself?

None of the previous versions have the 6150 either (dev ID 244), only the desktop version.

Could I just add the corresponding lines for my device in the inf file myself?

Yes you can add it yourself... you need to add a reference with the dev id at the top of the file and one at the bottom with the traduction of the devid.

Example:

Top:
%NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0164.1% = nv_NV3x,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0164

Bottom:
NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0164.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200 "

So it will look like:

Top:
%NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0244.1%  = nv_NV3x,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]	 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0244

Bottom:
NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0244.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 "

If it works please post if it works... it might be useful to other people.

Yes you can add it yourself... you need to add a reference with the dev id at the top of the file and one at the bottom with the traduction of the devid.

Example:

Top:
%NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0164.1% = nv_NV3x,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0164

Bottom:
NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0164.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200 "

So it will look like:

Top:
%NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0244.1%  = nv_NV3x,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]	 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0244

Bottom:
NVIDIA_C51.DEV_0244.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 "

If it works please post if it works... it might be useful to other people.

Ok, I added the lines for 6150 into the nv_lh.inf in the 95.64 driver. The driver now works for my card in Vista, but Aero is off.

what does the DOEB option do in the driver?

I'm going to try to see if I can find a way to activate Aero.

EDIT:

ok, Aero is indeed working. just that transperency was turned of.

Edited by Space_Balls

So no luck for Go 6800 or FS 3438G, no workaround to get aero? cos I'm really getting bored of the basic interface! :)

So no luck for Go 6800 or FS 3438G, no workaround to get aero? cos I'm really getting bored of the basic interface! :)

It is beginning to look that MS will want some $$ to make a GPU Vista compatable.

They must have a list of OEM's subsys numbers and if it doesn't match no Aero effects.

Probably unless FS gets their laptops Vista ready you may never have Aero effects.

This wil probably affect many laptop makes.

Just a guess, but it all points to Aero needs to be certified before working.

ARGH! Can't believe it! M$ really doesn't need that kind of attention, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me... Well, if anyone needs anyhting from a FS lappee, tell me..., and if anyone knows a workaround I'm your man

But BTW, why won't the latest driver install, dun think that's really a M$ prb

Edited by Orum

Microsoft sets the rules for Vista... if Fujisu-Siemens doesn't comply blame it on FS... not MS.

If you move to Vista for eye candy only... there is something terribly wrong with you.

Sigh... the French Spirit! L'esprit de contradiction et de réprobation par excellence !

No I don't move to Vista only for the eye-candy, but because I work there (http://www.presence-pc.com) and need to know about Vista as much as possible... but then again the question is not really about why I move to Vista...

Then, M$ sets the rule for Vista and those rules are met with a GF Go 6800 may it be in FS or Dell or whatever, cos it's the same chip, so why it works on dell and not on FS...

So back to the original question : any workaround?

I knew that tickling trolling around Glass would work... :) I'm bored by the Glass look of Vista, especially when I see the ressources waste... so we ship different boats. Hey you dumped your french flag for the american one... :)

Back to the subject, since the desktop GPUs are covered by a generic INF and mobile GPU by OEM specific INF files. Fujisu-Siemens doesn't offer a mobile INF file so you are left alone in the "Non glass desert". There will probably no help coming from the desktop community since they won't face the problem. (GeForce 5, 6 and 7 users will enjoy their Glass looking windows)

I perfectly understand the MS point of view on that... which is basically nVidia point of view... the mobile GPUs are pretty much in the shape of a messy jungle. Each OEM has to work on it's own mess. The causes for the problem could be (among others):

- FS BIOS issue with their video cards.

- weird/new certification hardwired in the driver itself.

- an issue with the generic INF file created by Pieter.

What you could do, use the Dell INF file nv_dm.inf and modify the following line so it will detect your GPU correctly:

%NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1%  = nv_NV41,[tab][/tab]  PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_019C1028

All you have to do is to change the SUBSYS to whatever your card has... or simpler way. Just erase the &SUBSYS_xxxxxxxx part. :P I'm not sure that any of the FS Amilo user tried that.

If it works... please come back here to report. Then do your thing for Presence-PC.

HEHE je sais qu'un bon troll de temps en temps ca fait plaisir :)

I'm half French / American was living in Paris, but just recently moved back to the States, thus the change of flag :)

Thanks a lot for the tip, will try it tonight

That explain the fact that you are able to use more than 3 words in a sentence... The french education system doesn't do that good on french pupils. :)

I just checked the Dell INF file is included in the driver file.

lol : yeah that explains it

Thanks a lot man will definitely try that tonight and will tell you, but by the way, are you expecting any "complication" or a gettahere from Vista?

I'm a rather conservative kind of guy (only in the OS/driver domain)... so I prefer a fully known OS/driver that might have some flaws. (with the proper workarounds) Than moving to something that barely adds new feature for the end user (besides the obvious eye candy).

Things improved since bet@ 2, it's much faster to install and it doesn't use more than 1Gb of RAM out of the box. Feature wise for the end user, when I compare Ubuntu 6.06 to Vista 5536, it's clearly Ubuntu that wins. And beyond hands down... hand superglued to the ground.

Of course Gnome (or KDE) doesn't have the transparency shader thingy... but what matters is what you do with your computer. And eye candy doesn't unleash productivity on the end user. But it will have a nice side effect for the RAM, HDD, CPU and motherboard market.

Especially when end users will install Norton Internet Security... so one 1Gb for the OS, 1Gb for the bloatware... you need to aim to at least 3Gb to be able to Photoshop 640x480 images. (I'm from Marseille... so I kinda exaggerate)

Try (re)placing your Subsys # in one of the OEM INFs, this might fool Vista.

%NVIDIA_G70.DEV_0098.1% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0098&SUBSYSXXXXXXXXXX

Use the one that comes with your system driver CD or download.

This is OEM model specific.

First of all, thanks a lot for your help. Alright, tried to change the

%NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1%  = nv_NV41,[tab][/tab]  PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_019C1028

I tried without &SUBSYS

With &SUBSYS_107C1734 and with &SUBSYS_22B01584, but nothing worked, still gives the Code 43 error, so any other solution...

First of all, thanks a lot for your help. Alright, tried to change the

I tried without &SUBSYS

With &SUBSYS_107C1734 and with &SUBSYS_22B01584, but nothing worked, still gives the Code 43 error, so any other solution...

Try forcing an install of one of the OEM INFs.

So untick the install compatable devices when installing then select the GPU that matches yours.

i also tried to modifie the driver with adding the subsystem but just like you already said it didnt work

i found a website with some information about the FS m3438 and found this:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_107C1734&REV_A2\4&AC49857&0&0008

i tried to add the subsys but i am a newby with programming videodrivers and this is my first expirience with the modifie of videodriver

this is wat i also have found:

DEVCON...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_107C1734&REV_A2\4&AC49857&0&0008

Name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800

Hardware ID's:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_107C1734&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_107C1734

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&CC_0300

Compatible ID's:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300

PCI\VEN_10DE

PCI\CC_030000

PCI\CC_0300

1 matching device(s) found.

this is also from the fujitsu siemens M3438G

this is the website where i have found this information

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....ost&id=1222

I'm wondering if you guys can help me with this. I've had this issue whenever I used a WDDM-compatible driver.

I'm running a Toshiba M200 tablet pc, and with the WDDM-compatible drivers my system literally stutters: every one or two seconds the system freezes for a split second, then repeats itself. So when I'm moving the mouse, the mouse will freeze and then suddenly jump every few seconds. Same with typing: it'll pause every few seconds, and on some occasions I lose letters.

I'm very confident that this is video driver-related, as earlier builds using a non-WDDM-compatible driver didn't have this problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Just try to force the install of Dell's drivers, but that didn't work. What I don't get is wht 2 cards that are seamingly the same can't just work the same!!

the m3438 and alienware m5700 have exactly the same hardware. so if there is already an alienware driver out. maybe this will work. becouse dell starts makin driver for there laptop models and alienware is taken over al little time ago by dell. so i dont know who has to make the drivers. fujitsu or dell. but if somebody knows if there are already drivers for m5700 please let me know. thank you