LaptopVideo2Go Forums

application profiles

highlight

Hi!

I got 78.10 forceware drivers that are latest available for my notebook. They work better than old (on driver cd) but I got this annoying bug that in nvidia driver properties under application profiles I got nothing and "Add Profile..." is greyed out! I have done some reseach and found out that there is probably a missing file somewhere in /windows/system32.post-12117-1199427457_thumb.jpg

post-4597-1156612572_thumb.jpg

You won't believe how many bugs this "profile" window had and still have... Install one of the recommended driver from the Recommended driver FAQ.

You mean unsupported by manufacturer with modified nfo? But I'm scared of BSOD!

On a side note... can I do something to force mitac release updated drivers because 78.10 are pretty old now...

If you don't want to use a custom driver... you will have to live without application profiles. Which is not such a big loss.

If you want to force Mitac to move... you can kidnap their CEO and ask for the driver. But the Mitac support might send you here. :)

What is odd - I got latest drivers in linux and almost one year old under windowsxp...

I think I'll give modified nfo drivers a try, but not right now (backup everything at first)

Edited by highlight

The 78.10 driver we host properly includes the game profile list :) I must assume that you have downloaded your driver not from here, do you?

Here'S the file from 78.10. Put it in %WINDIR%\system32.

nvapps.zip

Nice, it's working now.

I had this file already there but for some reason it was only 0KB? What could be the reason?

-that was me :)

###EDIT###

there is an option under "performance & quality settings" > advanced settings> Tripple buffering: on/off - I can turn it on but it resets to off then I run nvidia control panel again. I would like to see what it does but it seems to me it doesn't turn On at all even though I can click "On", "apply" and "ok".

Edited by highlight

If there is one option to let alone... triple buffering. If triple buffering is locked to OFF... just that justifies to change the driver.