LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for XGA-dispay in UXGA Laptop

WOF

Hi,

couldn´t find an answer in the german section-so my international friends ,please help.

As temporary replacement for my broken UXGA display(Tosh.5200-802 Nvidia460GO/64MB) I have attached a XGA display(out of Tosh5200-701 with nvidia Geforce4 460Go/32MB) to my laptop.

The sreen works and you can switch resolution under windows but with all resolutions there stays a vertical black bar that covers about 25% of the right hand screen side,-the visible picture is compressed and the lower part of the screen content is missing .

An external monitor attached in parallel is working fine. So for me that looks like a scaling problem and the question is- to correct it does it only take another driver/-Sw ????...or is it impossible to make a XGA screen working in Standard (1024x768 resol.) and showing the complete screen in a "UXGA-Laptop"????

Please help

Thanks

Wolfgang