LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce4 400 Go & Nvidia's Desktop Manager

Guest Dunc 84

Guest Dunc 84

I'm looking for the Nview Destop Manager file to download. It it for a Dell Inspirion 8200 with the GeForce4 440 Go card. I had this installed once but accidentally deleted the file. Basically I'm just wanting to use it for the dual monitor capabilities.

I did search around this site, but I didn't have much luck. Thanks for the help! :)

I'm confused here, that should be part of the driver, just re-install the driver and it should show up.

If you want a newer driver 77.77 with Pieter's mod INF should work just fine for you.

Read the pinned topics in the FAQ section on how to install, driver downloads here.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?dr...ype=1&dir=1

Just replace the INF with the modded one and off you go.

Guest Dunc 84
I'm confused here, that should be part of the driver, just re-install the driver and it should show up.

If you want a newer driver 77.77 with Pieter's mod INF should work just fine for you.

Read the pinned topics in the FAQ section on how to install, driver downloads here.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?dr...ype=1&dir=1

Just replace the INF with the modded one and off you go.

I think that makes sense. So I just download a desktop driver and fool it to think it's a laptop driver per the instructions on the FAQ page right? Is there a "best" driver for my application or is 77.77 driver what I want? Thanks again!

EDIT: Also, do I just download the driver because I also saw links to save an INF and NFO file. Sorry for the potentially stupid questions haha.

You download the driver, unzip it, then download the INF file and replace the one in the driver with it.

As for a best driver, most stuff should work with that one, if not then I can find you something else, but dual monitor should work fine on that driver.

Thanks for the information! I did what you said and it did work. Couple things though:

1.) How will I know which driver to download (and when) for updating?

2.) When starting up and then opening the display settings, the monitors flicker and even go black for a second or two. Is this an indication that I should choose I different driver?

3.) When setting the resolution, no matter what size I pick it makes the laptop screen about 3/4 the size....basically there is a blue outline around the entire screen and the screen is not "stretched" to the full viewable area.

4.) Is there a more recent driver that might have any bugs fixed that I could use instead? If so, how do you determine which one you need (refering to question 1 haha).

EDIT again haha: Well if I drag a window from the primary monitor to the laptop's monitor it shows up on the edge of the screen. Sooo I guess my background is what is not stretching to the limits even when using the same resolution as I did before the driver installation. Strange though because the primary monitor's background is just fine (and it's the same picture right now).

First what screen do you have, are you actually having problems not reaching a full resolution of 1600x1200 or 1400x1080 or whatever?

Now the flickering is the OCing page, which can be fixed very easily.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8462

Just go here and run the 4th reg link, you can also open said reg file in notepad if you want to manually edit the registry or just see what the fix is.

You see newer graphics cards don't flash like that, the 7800 GTX in the M170 doesn't for example. (no fix needed)

First what screen do you have, are you actually having problems not reaching a full resolution of 1600x1200 or 1400x1080 or whatever?

Now the flickering is the OCing page, which can be fixed very easily.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8462

Just go here and run the 4th reg link, you can also open said reg file in notepad if you want to manually edit the registry or just see what the fix is.

You see newer graphics cards don't flash like that, the 7800 GTX in the M170 doesn't for example. (no fix needed)

The laptop has the standard LCD from Dell, and I do believe it's the SVGA. The second monitor is the Dell 2600LCD.

I don't think I am having problems readings full resolution (1600x1200) on the laptop. It's just that the background picture is not stretch to the full screen like it once was before the driver installation. I'm going to read/search on here about it, but is turning that overclocking thing off potentially bad? I would say I know more than the average person about computers, but I definitely feel like a newb in here haha.