LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v96.33 VISTA 32bit | NV

®®®

@Consumed Crutacean:

Are you experiencing Lags sometimes when you start Flip3D? I have basicly the same card and I have these silly lags sometimes...

Regards,

Benny

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabrice Roux

• Benny0583

• mrcreativity

• svendudink

@Consumed Crutacean:

Are you experiencing Lags sometimes when you start Flip3D? I have basicly the same card and I have these silly lags sometimes...

Regards,

Benny

Somewhat, yeah. Flip3D basically just runs at a noticeably slow framerate, especially when starting it or choosing a window to go to. It's definately not as smooth as my deskop and its 9800 Pro. The driver helps over the included WDDM one though.

Still, considering the 3D performance in various games and apps, I wouldn't doubt if it's partly because of the state of the drivers right now. Might improve.

It dosn't work in Vista rc1 . the error code is 43

my notebook is samsung NP-X11

the display adapter is nvidia geforce go 7400

why????

help me! ths!

Are you official beta tester? File a bug then...

@@Consumed Crutacean

Somewhat, yeah. Flip3D basically just runs at a noticeably slow framerate, especially when starting it or choosing a window to go to. It's definately not as smooth as my deskop and its 9800 Pro. The driver helps over the included WDDM one though.

Still, considering the 3D performance in various games and apps, I wouldn't doubt if it's partly because of the state of the drivers right now. Might improve.

Would you validate my bug-report please? Bug-ID is #193728. I think this is an important bug as our video device is labeled as Vista ready!

Thanks!

Benny

i have got the same problem. but i have seen a file called NVAW.inf this is the alienware driver file. and in the drivermap was videocard called 6800 go. the same as we have. and the alienware m5700. exactly the same laptop but with another cover same mainboard (p71en) everything

so i installed the alienware bios. but now i am lookin for a alienware Vbios. maybe it will work if we flash the vbios. if you dont want to try and you can vind one you can send my the bios and i will try. i just want some aero effects

I've got a Compaq V3000 with the Nvidia Go 6150 card. When I try the install of these drivers with the modified INF I get an error stating that: "The system cannot find the file specified"

Any ideas why this is happening and will this card not work with Vista RC1?

Thanks!

I've got a Compaq V3000 with the Nvidia Go 6150 card. When I try the install of these drivers with the modified INF I get an error stating that: "The system cannot find the file specified"

Thanks!

Can you please attach the INF from driver that came with your machine.

I can have a look, I may have missed this build in GPU.

There seem to be others that also have this same problem with go6x00 integrated GPU's

@@Consumed Crutacean

Would you validate my bug-report please? Bug-ID is #193728. I think this is an important bug as our video device is labeled as Vista ready!

Thanks!

Benny

I don't know. It's not working far from what I'd expect; it's somewhat unoptimized (the driver and Vista), which is a more general problem and one that's likely already recognized (if not in another bug). The video card is somewhat slow as well. It's only maybe 9700 (non-pro?) level, and with only 64mb of video ram. :)

Edited by Consumed_Crustacean

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT716S with a FX 5600GO and I cannot seem to get this driver to work. It sais there is no suitable version for my card. :)

PLS HELP !!!

Thanks!

I got the same laptop (v3015NR from BB) and it works just fine with the modified inf. I just run the setup program in the directory.

don't know. It's not working far from what I'd expect; it's somewhat unoptimized (the driver and Vista), which is a more general problem and one that's likely already recognized (if not in another bug). The video card is somewhat slow as well. It's only maybe 9700 (non-pro?) level, and with only 64mb of video ram.

Yes, that's the point. I personally have the Quadro NVS 120 M, which is based on the Geforce Go 7400, with 512 MB RAM.

Hope there will be some performance improvement in Post-RC1-builds or with a new driver. I'll try to contact someone from MS beta team who's involved in video card-things...

Regards,

Benedikt

I have Dell Latitude D620 w/ Quadro NVS 110M (256MB) - TurboCache

WHen installed using the modded INF, all it showed using "HAVE DISK" method is: nvidia GeforceGo 7300 only.. is this the right card to pick? (All it shows it just this one too)

Once Installed, I do see nVIDIA ControlPanel in COntroPanel, but I don't see option to adjust DigitalVibrance, Color, Contrast etc?

Even when I Right click on desktop, Personalize, Then go to DISPLAY Props, I dont see Nvidia Tab Panel, like i do in XP..

Any ideas? Thanks.

Any ideas? Thanks.

You have a deadly mutating virus in your harddrive... use a hammer to take it out.

The nVidia options is located in the control panel. You'll see that a lot went down the drain... SEDONA rulez...

You have a deadly mutating virus in your harddrive... use a hammer to take it out.

The nVidia options is located in the control panel. You'll see that a lot went down the drain... SEDONA rulez...

I guess you read mine too quickly :)

From above msg:

"Once Installed, I do see nVIDIA ControlPanel in COntroPanel, but I don't see option to adjust DigitalVibrance, Color, Contrast etc? "

All I see is: 3D Settings & DISPLAY Categories.. in XP I would see 4 Categories, One of them had Resolution, COlor Brightness, Contrast, Digital Vibrance etc..

I am specifially looking for DIGITAL VIBRANCE option, since colors too dull currently... To get this option which Driver I should install ? TIA.

Edited by Coolguy

I focused on the Quadro become in vanilla GPU... and the end of your post.

I said that "You'll see that a lot went down the drain"... it's true... nVidia removed a lot of cràp from the driver. Proper color management is done elsewhere in Vista... and should be done elsewhere in XP.

Digital Vibrance is probably the worst option that ever came out of nVidia. It's the photographer/retoucher in me speaking. In order to reach proper rendering you have to use a monitor (and printer profile) usually given by your screen manufacturer. Or (best option) you need to calibrate your screen with a colorimetric sensor.

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT716S with a FX 5600GO and I cannot seem to get this driver to work. It sais there is no suitable version for my card. :)

PLS HELP !!!

no one can help me with this ? :)

It refuses to work with my Go 7400. The inf allows it to install, but upon rebooting I get a black screen with a cursor. That's how it stays.

Edit: Okay, let me revise this. Hibernating and resuming the laptop brings the display back some of the time. However, 3D-app performance is still dirt, Aero runs as before (quite well), and it goes back to a black screen after rebooting.

Edit2: It seems to work fine when I Win+L, then hibernate, then resume. Why the heck that is, I do not know. 3D app performance is no different, obviously.

Edit3: More edits! It also works now that I've created a second user account to force it to start at the login screen. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get into the nVidia control panel though; it's not in the classic view Vista control panel.

Edit4: And now, no glass. I thought it was just set to "Basic", but it doesn't look like it.

Edit5: Looks like it may think that I have a pirated copy for some reason (Google shows me that disabling Glass seems to be an anti-piracy measure). This makes sense, as I can't run activation for some reason. I did an upgrade install though, despite being advised not to. I suspect that's why it's screwy. Now doing a clean install.

for 7400 users,Its need edit nv_disp.inf

use notapad open nv_disp.inf,

[NVIDIA.Mfg.NTx86.6.0]

;add

%NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.2% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D8

%NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.3% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D8

; Localizable Strings

;add

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400"

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.3 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 "

You can use Attachments,it works for me(sony sz16)

nv_disp.rar

Anyone have any luck making the drivers work on an amilo 3438g?

Edited by mrcreativity

no. still no luck with aero on vista with m3438. but maybe you can help me with makin it work. if you can find a alienware Vbios i think i can make the m3438 work with aero. there are alienware 6800 go wddm vista drivers. and the alienware m5700 and m3438 are exactly the same. i flashed the bios with m5700. but now i want to flash the Vbios with m5700. so if you can find something. please tell me

Did you post that in the alienware-forum? Maybe someone can help you out with a valid vBIOS there. Just tell them exactly what you need, what tool is needed and how to handle it.

Good luck. :)

spyro

Did you post that in the alienware-forum? Maybe someone can help you out with a valid vBIOS there. Just tell them exactly what you need, what tool is needed and how to handle it.

Good luck. :)

spyro

Yes i already did this. but with no luch. YET. but maybe later. i hope

for the people out here. if somebody has an alienware m5700 with this tool you can backup your alienware Vbios. i would be verry happy with it

http://www.extremepc-fr.com/download/uploa...nload&id=85

My go 7400 can't work currect with this Driver and INF :)

after I installed it ,there is a problem with the driver

My go 7400 can't work currect with this Driver and INF :)

after I installed it ,there is a problem with the driver

aha, your problem is same with me .

somebody can help us to make the drivers work for samsung nv go 7400??

for 7400 users,Its need edit nv_disp.inf

use notapad open nv_disp.inf,

[NVIDIA.Mfg.NTx86.6.0]

;add

%NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.2% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D8

%NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.3% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D8

; Localizable Strings

;add

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400"

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.3 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 "

You can use Attachments,it works for me(sony sz16)

I'm afraid I didn't quite catch your meaning

Edit the INf of 96.33 and install it with 96.33 driver ?

or download your INf and install it with 96.33 driver?

the memory speed of go 7400 in some earlier type of samsung X11 is a bit higher than M1120 and SZ series

maybe I should take the latest BIOS to reduce my memory speed?

Edited by mmmrm