• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabrice Roux

• Benny0583

• mrcreativity

• svendudink

I've got another interesting thing :) :

I have Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 and I installed vista July CTP and it runs fine on it with AERO Glass enabled. I didn't install any driver for it as WDDM (Windows Display Driver Module) already has drivers for all new GPUs.

Is there any problem with vista RC1?

It's not a problem of Vista... it's a problem of OEM not doing their part. They are supposed to publish INF file to support their mobile GPUs. Dell, among others, did its work wonderfully but a lot didn't do their part... Fujisu Siemens and others sûcked donkey balls.

So blame your OEM !!! Not Vista, not Microsoft and not nVidia.

:) :) :P

I fixed the problem for amilo m3438G with 6800go ....

i am making a "tutorial" sorry for my english

wait maybe 2hours

i used a driver for windows xp and i convert it in windows vista rc1 !!!!

and i have one question i would like to use the 3d deskop, what i do for use this ????

thanks and wait pls "the world isn't create on one day !!!"

wait maybe 2hours

and i have one question i would like to use the 3d deskop, what i do for use this ????

i regged to write this only, i hope it really works!

watchu want with a tut.

just upload the full driver.

wait maybe 2hours

Hi

I have m3438g and all drivers that i test doesn't work !!! Could you help me

first download a version of driver windows xp me i used the last 94...(with the inf modded off course)

on vista find in the help center the compatibility mode for old programmes

in this programmes select all good options like select my programmes,find the .exe,cote just used in windows xp (like a emulation) and look you instal a driver for windows xp on your windows vista !!!!

sorry for my english i am trying to make a tutorial pls be patient is very hard for me.....

Hey ppl,

can you check please how much RAM dwm.exe is taking on your PC? On my laptop, it takes ~60.000 K of RAM, on my desktop just ~13.000 K. Same display resolution, same applications open.

I filed this as bug. If you have the same problem, let me know, I'll get you the bug-id for voting and validating then...

Regards,

Benedikt

@ tankin

does the aero interface work or not.

you just mentioned that the driver works.

i have a lot of drivers which work, but without glass.

i couldn't wait and i tried it.

U can install the driver and it works, but if you want to update the vista benchmark u got a bluescreen ---> no aero

first download a version of driver windows xp me i used the last 94...(with the inf modded off course)

on vista find in the help center the compatibility mode for old programmes

in this programmes select all good options like select my programmes,find the .exe,cote just used in windows xp (like a emulation) and look you instal a driver for windows xp on your windows vista !!!!

sorry for my english i am trying to make a tutorial pls be patient is very hard for me.....

So... You just installed a ordinary XP-Driver like everyone did before? Sorry, I don't get it, where's the solution for the Aero-/WDDM-Problem?

spyro

yes it didn't work with aero, simply nvidia don't want to make a driver for GO because they just built the video card, for enterprise is possible to by all the video card like 7900 or other.... but impossible for a ...GO

all the GO card are programmed with asus dell and alll others.in fact you must wait fujitsu for a new firmware. "i send one mail to nvidia and he send that to me" sorry for aero but you can use 1440x900.

Why the m3438 is only one whose can't support vista modded's drivers ???

++

My guess because there is some sort of weirdness in the laptop... VBIOS or something. I can't believe that Fujisu-Siemens is that lazy so it doesn't release a driver for it's laptops.

Believe it. Chances are, such a driver will never exist.

Its FSC, u cant expect much from them.

And Uniwill ?? Can you expect much from them ?????

Uniwill pc are the same

@+

I have an HP dv2000t with the Go 7200 (Core 2 Duo T5600, 2GB RAM), Vista RC1 (build 5600) and this driver doesn't work for me at all. If I try without the modded inf it tells me that no matching driver is found. If I try with the modded inf, it installs but upon reboot I get severe display corruption (mostly black screen, band of multicolored statice across the lower third). Only solution is to hard power off, boot to safe mode and roll back the driver. Then all I get is the basic VGA driver at 1024x768, not the 1280x800 native resolution of my screen.

I suppose the next thing to do is try installing the XP driver that shipped with the machine...won't get me glass but at least I'll get some perfomance and my correct screen resolution.

Can I file a bug even though I'm using an unofficial INF?

I have Vista RC1 on a laptop using a Go 7900 GS. I was able to install the previous driver to this one (95.64) and it works (no control panel etc of course).

However, installing this driver seems not to work. If I try to "have disk" and point it to the moded INI file I put into the driver folder it gives an error "the system cannot find the file specified." I also seem to get the same error if I try to use the original INI file that came with this driver package.

If I try to run setup it appears to complete but it doesnt actually install anything and my driver version is still 95.64.

Anyone got this driver to work with a Go 7900 GS ? If so, how did you do it?

Hi folks and beta Testers.

I've been trying out several solutions for the "errorcode 43"-Problem of the 6800 GO GPU on the Amilo M3438G since the last few days. Had the same problems with all (modded-inf) drivers that were released, I've also tried out the "solution" that tankinatorfr describes and installed an 84.25 forceware for XP under Vista RC1 (built 5600), with the result, that every 3D-Application caused a BSOD (aero is not working either with the XP drivers).

Anyway, yesterday I tried out Windows-Update under Vista RC1, and what should I say, it installed a detonator 72.30, that works so far, it gives me 1440x900 resolution (all other "code43"-drivers ran a maximum of 1024x768), 3D capability and no BSOD.

Sadly I have to say that aero still does not work with that driver, I have no "Windows Vista Aero"-Profile under "designs" (desktop-properties). But maybe that's being fixed with a new issue of the driver in the next time...

I suggest trying out Windows Update for all users, that have the Code 43 Error with their 6800 Go...

the game goes on, I call back later :)

also the MCE drivers from the FSC site works 7.9.3.0 so they are more recent. you can also use the newest forceware drivers from xp. but still no aero :) i already tried everything. but still no effect

Hi folks and beta Testers.

I've been trying out several solutions for the "errorcode 43"-Problem of the 6800 GO GPU on the Amilo M3438G since the last few days. Had the same problems with all (modded-inf) drivers that were released, I've also tried out the "solution" that tankinatorfr describes and installed an 84.25 forceware for XP under Vista RC1 (built 5600), with the result, that every 3D-Application caused a BSOD (aero is not working either with the XP drivers).

Anyway, yesterday I tried out Windows-Update under Vista RC1, and what should I say, it installed a detonator 72.30, that works so far, it gives me 1440x900 resolution (all other "code43"-drivers ran a maximum of 1024x768), 3D capability and no BSOD.

Sadly I have to say that aero still does not work with that driver, I have no "Windows Vista Aero"-Profile under "designs" (desktop-properties). But maybe that's being fixed with a new issue of the driver in the next time...

I suggest trying out Windows Update for all users, that have the Code 43 Error with their 6800 Go...

the game goes on, I call back later :)

What a good news for FS users !

Did you try this for aero ?

you cannot force your pc to use aero if your videocard is not supported but if your rating is to low

you can go to registry (regedit) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft

make a new key named DWM in the map DWM Make a dword (32bit) named enablemachinechaeck with value 0 and make a dword named glass with value 1 now you have forced aero but your videocard needs dx10 support

Vista serial

Offtopic but important.. for the vista users the CPP is open for new participations. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

you can get a max of 2 serials with your microsoft passport (email adress)

if i am not alloud to place this please remove

ontopic: if somebody can find an alienware bios for the m5700 please tell me. i need 1 for the amilo m3438 to possibly use the aero... dont know if it works but i will try

Sigh...the XP driver shipped with the machine (84.64) doesn't work under Vista RC1 either. The setup.exe won't run (says the operating system is not Windows). When I update the driver with have disk from device manager, it appears to install and requests a reboot. Upon rebooting, re-running the performance rating bluescreens my machine.

So the dv2000t/Go 7200 under Vista RC1 is stuck with the VGA driver and the wrong screen resolution for now.

Edited by Fabrice Roux