LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7600go Temp

Guest Byrds6

I have a HP laptop system with a 1.73ghz duo core and a nvidia 7600 go 256 meg video card. I am wondering what is considered normal for the temp of the card under a load? At idle its about 52-58c and when playing WoW it gets up to 78c that Ive noticed sometimes. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank for your time

Its running a bit hot under heavy load...just a bit. Might wana see if theres any dust blocking off the fans.

Edited by The_Lead_Factor

There is 0 dust as it is a brand new machine. Also I blew it out yesterday to be on the safe side even though it was new. Is there any sets of drivers that still perform as they should but run cooler? There is no way for me to actually make it any cooler since its already sitting on an aluminum pad. So far every driver I have used it ran around 75c +- a few degrees under a load. I even tried to talk to HP support and they said its completely normal but it seemed hot to me too.

Well if you start noticing anything wrong with it, Just underclock it a bit.

Depending on how your laptop is built this might be normal. Usually small laptops only have one fan to cool both the CPU and the GPU. This is less efficient than the 2 fan systems found on large laptops.

I don't know how your aluminium thingy is shaped but be sure it doesn't block the fan intakes. Then raise the back of the laptop so the air flow is easier.

Depending on how your laptop is built this might be normal. Usually small laptops only have one fan to cool both the CPU and the GPU. This is less efficient than the 2 fan systems found on large laptops.

I don't know how your aluminium thingy is shaped but be sure it doesn't block the fan intakes. Then raise the back of the laptop so the air flow is easier.

The system only has one fan sadly. It doesnt block the fan really. Its a laptop cooler so its made to sit on top of it. Although the fans for it doesnt really line up with the fan on the bottom like I wished but it does blow on it somewhat.