LaptopVideo2Go Forums

question about sony's Built-in 'Motion Eye' Digital Camera

scoss

Guest vince

i did this but when i expand the folder i dont see sony visual communication camera vgp-vcc4 it only shows xerox scanner ....plz help

same here. its not being recognized. Wtf!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeroen

• scoss

• Chris Kaday

• Dox

Guest Laura

hi i was wondering if i could use this cam on say msn messenger? or will i have to buy a separate web cam. im asking this as on the sony site its only mentions using this through skype and nothing else.

cheers

Guest Sprinkle

hi, i am using a motion eye built in webcam, on a sony vaio laptop with windows vista home premium. Every time i press capture on the laprop, a new page come up, and the screen is blue. Then a box comes up saying " VAIO camera capture utility has stopped working. Windows can check for an online soloution."

Then I have two options:

Check for online soloution and clos program

or

Close the programe.

Obviosly i have tried both options, but it never did any good.

I would like to get this fixed so i can put on my webcam with people on msn, so i don't have to buy a new one, because when it was working, it was a very clear picture.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me, many thanks.

Guest Sprinkle

Laura you can use the wbecam for windows live messenger. What you have o do is press the webcam picture that should be right by your display picture, if not press the webcam picture next to your friends display picture, and then you should see there webcam picture getting ready to come up, then you will see a webcam picture appear next to your display picture press it. Then all the other person has to do is accept. Hope it works :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Vengeance

I have a Sony VAIO with the Eye Motion cam, and everytime i try to use it, it won't work.

Is there a cd or something i have to install? I got this laptop from a cousin, and he cleaned it for me, but how can i get the cam to work? and is there a website i can go to, download some sort of app or anything? please help

Guest Shayness

I have a Sony VAIO with the Eye Motion cam, and everytime i try to use it, it won't work.

Is there a cd or something i have to install? I got this laptop from a cousin, and he cleaned it for me, but how can i get the cam to work? and is there a website i can go to, download some sort of app or anything? please help

Guest Shay-ness

There should be a program installed on your Sony VAIO called "Webcam Companion 2" or Just Webcam Companion. If not, google it and download it. It works with your motion eye - Sony usually has it pre-installed on your laptop. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Littleone

U say you can use it.... what more can I say then use it then :)

dunno about Vista, just removed it from my laptop after using it for a week! Back to the good oll' XP :)

Guest littleone

Can I use my Motion Eye with XP? I have a Sony but down grated to XP and it doesn't seem to be working... I really liked having it before. I also had to install a new hard drive so everything was wiped out. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!! :)

Littleone

littleone928@gmail.com

• 1 month later...
Guest Chandra

Yes you can use it as a webcam in MSN,...

I think you can use it in every program... I have a Sony VAIO with the Eye Motion cam, and it works perfectly!

As I can see, you have the same one as I :)

PS: the motion eye cam is just an integrated webcam, who is connected via an internal usb port...

I think you can use it in every program... I have a Sony VAIO with the Eye Motion cam, and it works perfectly!

PS: the motion eye cam is just an integrated webcam, who is connected via an internal usb port...

Guest Beabruno

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have a sony VGN-CS11s

now webcam and bluetooth device r not working

i mean it disappear from device mgn

how can i solve this problem correctly

could u pls reply me something to solve this problem pls

i have a sony vgn-fw520d and the stupid camera doesn't want to work, it won't open throught the av mode or through webcam companion 3 and i don't have any of the programs on hand to just re-download it.. can anyone please help me!?!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest46

I solved this by manually installing the driver - grab the relevant driver from the sony site - go to update driver in device manager (normally its called USB camera) Then choose install from list of specfic locations - then choose - dont search. i will choose the driver - then click have disk then find the driver you downloaded - then install this one - this worked for me :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Michelle Neal

I just my vaio desktop and it is telling me to do all this things to get the motion eye to work and nothing is happening. What to do and I am not getting any support. They need to fix this problem, this is the main reason I got this computer.

• 1 month later...

I have a sony vgn-fw27oj with a built in motion eye. How does it work,I bought the PC new about 2 years ago but never tried to use the motion eye. Is there a drive? somewhere in the computer?

• 6 months later...

Hi I have the Motion Eye Camera for the Sony VPCEB26FG.

Your camera is already being used by another application. Please exit all applications that are currently using the camera and try again. (that's what keeps showing up everytime I use it.)

Like for some reason it says that another application is running it and I can't seem to find which one that is in the Task Manager. Could someone please help me figure this out?

Oh I also have alot of useless tasks that take up some of my RAM and they aren't even doing anything. If someone could help me figure that out too I would really appreciate it.

Guest CONFUSED

i have a Sony VAIO and i dont even know where to find the camera on my computer. ive looked in almost all my files... could ne one tell me what to look under to find it... :)

• 3 months later...
Guest Teehee

For everyone who cannot use laptop camera :

Go to Control Panel/System and Maintenance/System window. On the left hand side you should see a Tasks list. Choose Device Manager. Look for "Imaging devices" folder then expand it. You'll see under it a "USB 2.0 Camera" folder or something likes that . Double click on it then choose Driver tab and you'll see 4 (or 5) buttons. Make sure that the 4th button is appearing as "Disable", on otherwise double click on it until it turns to "Disable" => So now your camera are now Enable to your laptop and you can use it easily .