LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need someone with an alienware

LoD14

Hi,

i need someone, who has an alienware laptop. i'm asking because i have the fujitsu-siemens amilo m 3438g which is the same as the Alienware S-4 m5700. so, but the fujitsu-siemens grafics bios has an big bug. i can't use vista. and not even 2003 with a forceware higher than 86.xx.

well, i know, that if i flash the alienware grafics bios over my fujitsu bios, i can use the driver. i found someone who has done that. but he hasn the bios anymore.

so, if someone is so kind, with an alienware laptop (i think you just need alienware hardware to access the support on their webpage) could download this bios for me and send it to me?

(@ mods: if i'm not allowed to post sutch a request please delte this)

please, you are my last hope, i allready gave up to contact FSC, they are just stupid at the customer care...

thanks in advance,

Lod14

Well it looks like a problem with Vista, not your GPU. Do you have any other OS to test this on?

yesno. thats something caused by the new driver arcitecture and the gpu bios. i know someone, who has flashed his amilo to an alienware grafics card, and... it magically works. that some fu***** security mechanism ore whatever by FSC.

Well your out of luck with me then...I can't log in to the Alienware driver section =/

Hi there, I could log onto their FTP but there is no M5700 GPU Bios out there.

For the 2003 Problem I just flashed the GPU Bios with the one outta the amilo-forum.

But when it comes to Vista - I've got the same problem.

So we'd need some AW M5700 owner to make a backup with nvwinflash and post or e-mail (yarms666@gmail.com) me the file.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I think the problem is that you're looking for the m5700 which doesn't exist...Its the m5750 x_X

so,

i finally found someone with an area 51 s-4 m5700. the extracted his bios and send it to me. but it doesn't work. even if the laptops seem to be the same, they are diffrent. at least, the GPU.

Amilo:

GeForce 6800 p267 sku1 MXM-III VGA BIOS

Version 5.41.02.39.60

Copyright © 1996-2004 NVIDIA Corp.

Alienware:

GeForce 6800 Go e275 sku0 VGA BIOS

Version 5.41.02.26.02

Copyright © 1996-2004 NVIDIA Corp.

and the alienware geforce is clocked completly diffrent!

left: alienware, right: amilo

and the amilo bios lets you modify the voltages, the alienware doesn't.

well, i was stupid enough to try it anyway... i first got a corrupted screen. then i wasn't able to start my laptop. (well, not only a black screen, it doesn't even boot behind the black screen). well i took the akku out, let it cool down and tried again to boot and it works. still corrupted screen. but i was able to get that far to reflash my FSC bios.

the alienware bios for the mainboard works perfectly (only that you have to activate your windows, caus the mainboard gets a new ID), but the vBios' arent compatible.

if someone whants the bios' to play, i can post them, if it's allowed.

btw

Well your out of with me then...I can't log in to the Alienware driver section =/

thanks anyway :)

post-2947-1157999893_thumb.jpg

Edited by LoD14

Yea and its discontinued(I spelt that wrong).

And if you haven't done so, try updating your BIOS...I remember there was an old AW BIOS that updated the vBIOS as well.