LaptopVideo2Go Forums

what drivers do most of your guys use w/7900GS?

crimsontwo

so many out there; I am lost. please recommend something that work for you, or, perhaps there is a driver that most use? i am planning to overclock the card.

thanks!

What is wrong with the latest Dell official driver? The 84.69 is pretty much the best driver you'll be able to find for your graphic card.

What is wrong with the latest Dell official driver? The 84.69 is pretty much the best driver you'll be able to find for your graphic card.

Thanks, Fabrice. There is nothing wrong with the Dell's driver; I was just trying to find if there was anything better that would increase the performance of my card.

There is no massive performance boost... even for your 7900 card in newer drivers. So unless you have some specific issues that are solved by newer drivers, I would stick to the current driver.

• 3 weeks later...
There is no massive performance boost... even for your 7900 card in newer drivers. So unless you have some specific issues that are solved by newer drivers, I would stick to the current driver.

What should be the performance cause i am having a problem too with my 7900 and tried all the drivers available getting a low 3dmark 05 score 3500

i agree with Fabrice

stay with original (8429 in my case )

BF2, HL2, FEAR runs rock and roll !

and both my 3Dmark 05 & 06 are normal ...