LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need new driver?

agryan

i have a geforce 7300 go, and all the drivers i download dont work, how to i get a driver to work? it says theyre not supported. i searched the FAQs a little bit, but i could just not understand anything that looked usefull. any help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated, i bought GRAW and HL2 but i cant play them :)

:)

I doubt that the official Dell driver "Video: nVidia GeForce Go 7300, GeForce Go 7400, Driver, Windows XP, Multi Language, Inspiron MM061, XPS MXC062, v. 84.69 (MS 6.14.10.8469), A01" prevents you from playing Ghost Recon AW and Half Life 2.

:)

I doubt that the official Dell driver "Video: nVidia GeForce Go 7300, GeForce Go 7400, Driver, Windows XP, Multi Language, Inspiron MM061, XPS MXC062, v. 84.69 (MS 6.14.10.8469), A01" prevents you from playing Ghost Recon AW and Half Life 2.

what is that? i searched google and it found nothing. is that something i already have or is it something i need to dowload?

something is preventing me from playing half life 2 and graw, and ive been told that it might be the need for a newer up to date driver, so im just trying things out

Hints in order:

- Dell website

- support

- download drivers

- select inspiron

- select model

- select Windows XP

- select Video

- select 7900 GS

- download driver

- install driver

- reboot

Usually official Dell drivers are found ON THE DELL WEBSITE. Given that the driver is a A01 version it's the first and only driver offered by Dell for your graphic card. So you are likely to already have it on your system.

You might want to follow the guide lines of Gaming troubleshooting in the FAQ. It's here on this site don't go on Google to find it. :)

ps: I place a bet on the sound card...

Hints in order:

- Dell website

- support

- download drivers

- select inspiron

- select model

- select Windows XP

- select Video

- select 7900 GS

- download driver

- install driver

- reboot

Usually official Dell drivers are found ON THE DELL WEBSITE. Given that the driver is a A01 version it's the first and only driver offered by Dell for your graphic card. So you are likely to already have it on your system.

You might want to follow the guide lines of Gaming troubleshooting in the FAQ. It's here on this site don't go on Google to find it. :)

ps: I place a bet on the sound card...

thanks im downloading the driver now and ill check the gaming FAQ :)

You probably already have this driver on your system... given the driver I bet that it's not the reason why you can't play GRAW and HL2.

You probably already have this driver on your system... given the driver I bet that it's not the reason why you can't play GRAW and HL2.

i downloaded and installed the driver, and i did what the faq said to do with my soundcard, but it still wont work... :P i guess my computer just isnt good enough :) :)

If it's not the sound card... I start to point my finger at the TurboCache technology.

Have you patched GRAW with the last 1.3 patch? (I was assuming that you did...)

If it's not the sound card... I start to point my finger at the TurboCache technology.

Have you patched GRAW with the last 1.3 patch? (I was assuming that you did...)

yea i got the latest patch for graw. right now i can actually load up the game, but when i assume control of the game, the screen turns totally black (although i can still hear the game in progress)

hl2 still just crashes :)

This is the behaviour of GRAW on old hardware... this is what you get when you don't have a DirectX 9.0 card. (GeForce 4 and older)

So you qualify for a 92.91 driver trial... download the driver and the modded INF... follow the Quickstart guide if you are not used to drivers found here.

This is the behaviour of GRAW on old hardware... this is what you get when you don't have a DirectX 9.0 card. (GeForce 4 and older)

So you qualify for a 92.91 driver trial... download the driver and the modded INF... follow the Quickstart guide if you are not used to drivers found here.

i think i got it. not sure tho. but when i try to install the driver i get this message:

stupidbq4.gif

should i just continue, or stop?

Edited by agryan

Hit continue...That just means the driver isn't WHQL Certified anymore since you're using the modded INF.

Hit continue...That just means the driver isn't WHQL Certified anymore since you're using the modded INF.

alright thanks :)