LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Graphics issues in X2 and X3 games

Guest David

I recently tried playing these and after a while small coloured pixels appear all over the screen and then spikes of ships or space stations appear.

I am using the 84.71 driver with the geforce go 7600. Is this an issue with this driver or could the problem be to do with the video card overheating? This is the only game I have noticed any problems with.

The desktop also occasionally has blue pixeled streaks appearing on it.

Has anyone else noticed these problems?

Smells like overheating... check your temperatures both IDLE and LOAD.

The streaks on the screens are not good though... you might want to try a LiveCD Linux such as Ubuntu 6.06 to check your hardware without killing your current Windows install.

I recently tried playing these and after a while small coloured pixels appear all over the screen and then spikes of ships or space stations appear.

I am using the 84.71 driver with the geforce go 7600. Is this an issue with this driver or could the problem be to do with the video card overheating? This is the only game I have noticed any problems with.

A tiny possibility, of the about 100 drivers I've tested just one had such problems; they necessarily didn't show on another make/brand/example of laptop.