LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia GeForce FX Go5600 with widescreen ext-LCD

Guest n000b

Hi*!

I have a Toshiba with 14" screen with 4:3 aspect ratio. It's graphics card is Nvidia GeForce FX Go5600. Now I have bought a external LCD that supports 1440x800 resolution but this nvidia grpahics dont let me use that, it just displays normal 4:3 resolutions and highest one being 1280X1024 for my ext monitore. I am sure the graphics card can support higher resolutions (if i attach a CTR-moitore then it allows me choose from quite high resoltions but the CRT is uses 4:3). So is it possible the somehow make this graphics card use 1440x800 resolution???

Thanks in Advance,

A Real n000b

You mean 1440x900? Check from the Nvidia Control Panel if that resolution is there. If it isn't, you have to create it. Which driver version do you have?

You mean 1440x900? Check from the Nvidia Control Panel if that resolution is there. If it isn't, you have to create it. Which driver version do you have?

sorry my mistake, you are right its 1440x900. I just downloaded from this site INF file and the rest of the driver .exe file for my grpahics card. Seems to be working fine and now i can choose this 1440x900 resolution, except of one error message during the new driver (downloaded from this site) installtion that it can't find some routine in some dll. But till now no crashes or bluescreen after the restart. Any idea what could be the reason for that error message??? Btw i am using WinXP Prof with all the latest patches & the machine is Toshiba Laptop 5200-802.