LaptopVideo2Go Forums

All kinds of problems

Icerazer

Hey guys, my laptop has issues. First of all, I can't boot into safe mode because the display becomes totally scrambled. It's just a bunch of horizontal crazy lines... nearly impossible to see what's going on. It also seems to do this with any driver.

Second, the idle temp seems wicked high, around 60c. All the way up to 80-90c gaming. This is not an OC'd card, by the way.

Help?

Temperatures seems about OK for the monster GPU you have under your hood.

Do you use Dell official driver for your PC?

Temperatures seems about OK for the monster GPU you have under your hood.

Do you use Dell official driver for your PC?

Thankyou for the reply! I did at one time, but I think the Safe mode corruption remained. Of course this all started after I tried a few different drivers in the first place. Do you generally recommend the Dell drivers anyway?

While your hardware is supported by the OEM... and if you don't run into issues solved by newer drivers... keep your current driver. The 7x00 serie is not old enough for Dell dumping its support.