LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia Go 7900 GS/Gtx Best Driver Question

Guest NoClue

Hi Everybody,

I was justneeding some help with a driver. I stupidly tried to update my driver from the in box driver that came with my Toshiba Satellite P100. (Default Max Rez originally was : 1440 x 900) now I have tried 5 - 7 other divers from the 80's to the 90's, with no luck.

I am constantly getting slow downs and graphic bottlenecks in games & even DVD playback.

So if anyone has the Satellite P100 model that found a great allround driver I would appreciate it!

Toshiba web site has not listed any graphics drivers yet for my model, it is too young.

I dont want to reformat and recover from the Tosh DVD, they dont have the drivers in seperate foldrs so you have to do the former now, to get the original driver installed! Huh :-(

So Please Please Help!

I thank anyone in advance!

Bright Days~!

Guest Th3R1pp3r

READ THE FAQ

I have the Toshiba Satellite P105-S9312 with the GeForce Go 7900 GS..

And I recently installed the Forceware 92.91 drivers and so far they seem the best for me.. Games are running smoother than ever.

So you might want to give a try to those :)

Good luck.

Thank you Th3R1pp3r for your response.

I had, however tried the 92.91 Driver already but. I unfortunately got the dreaded slow-down.

Yesterday I downloaded the " nVidia Display Driver for Windows XP

Version: 8.4.0.0 r3

Size: 30,918,288 bytes

Posted: 06/20/06

Released Date: 06/19/06

Operating System: Windows XP, Windows XP SP2

Driver from Toshiba US.

Its a little older than I imagine that would have been installed on my machine out of the box, but nevertheless everything is working fine. all games are just flying along with no slow downs. So I am a very happy lad ;-)

This is my 3rd Toshiba and the only bad word I have to say about them is that they are a little forgetfull about the graphics driver updates. But hey if it works why fix it, right?

Anyway

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards

NoClue

• 1 month later...
Guest Thomas Charroon

Personally, I upgraded my P105-9722 to the newest available driver, and I found, the fan stopped working correctly. I had to go back to the one present on the CD to fix the issue. :-(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eduardo

Hey guy, here I am again...

I just tried to download the forceware (both: 93.71 and 92.91), but I wasn't able to install any of those...

The installation software keeps telling me that I wasn't possible to locate a compatible hardware...

I'm using the Geforce 7900GS from the Toshiba Satellite P105-S9312...

Can Anybody explain me what goin on?

Thank you.

you need the modded inf.

right click on modded inf, and choose "save link as",

save it at your new zipped folder there the forceware lays.

clear.

before you install the new driver, remove the old first.

lv2go_blind.png

Do you remember where the driver download link is located? If yes look right next to the link... there is a Modded INF download link. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i have the Toshiba P100-354.

system:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 @ 2 GHz

2GB RAM

GO 7900 GS 512 MB

had 3870 3D Marks (2006) with the default driver by Toshiba (forceware 8.4.0.0)

i tried the forceware 93.71 with a modded INF from another site and got like 1700 Marks.

then tried the 97.02 from this page and got 3753 Marks.

i want to try another driver between 8400 and 9702 but not similar to 9371, anyone got a suggestion?

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me the difference between the 80 series and the 90 series?

I to have a geforce go 7900gs and have no ideia wich is the best driver for my card...

• 5 months later...
Guest paulocafalli
Can someone tell me the difference between the 80 series and the 90 series?

I to have a geforce go 7900gs and have no ideia wich is the best driver for my card...

The 90 series is just newer than the 80, some times older driver work better for some reason. The drivers are named 8X.XX, 9X.XX, 1XX.XX, and so on, in your case i think u should use 90 series and above.