LaptopVideo2Go Forums

o/c Alienware Area-51 m5700 Laptop

nurbs

I have an Alienware Area-51 m5700 Laptop with a Nvidia Go 6800 256Mb

and noticed in the Nvidia control panel under overclocking there is a option to set Automatic overclocking.

I was wondering if enabling this option a good idea in relation to getting better performance out of my laptop.

Thanks

Jonathan

1;

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=10099

2;

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=9175

i hade an amilo m3438g before with a go6800, after some help from this forum, i clocked my go6800 card to 380/760 with orginal VBIOS, (dont flash VBIOS, i know some people who did that, and the temp got realy high, like 80-90 C). my temp was never over 70 C, even that i played with full AA, etc.

go6800 is one of the best mobile-card to overclock. like someone wrote; - "overclock champion".

Edited by mattias

Don't use 84.25 on an Alienware. Go with the 84.74 if you have XP Home or 84.63 if you have MCE.

84.74 is the best official Alienware driver...Ever...and 84.63 is one of the best MCE drivers available.

84.74 is the best official Alienware driver...Ever...and 84.63 is one of the best MCE drivers available.

OK, Thanks again for the information.

I just recently got this Alienware any other good tips regarding Alienware Area-51 m5700 Laptop, Doesn't matter what its about always interested in good information.

Thanks again

Jonathan

Also would it do any harm or good if i were to set the Clock Frequency Setting to Auto Overclock?

Edited by nurbs

Also would it do any harm or good if i were to set the Clock Frequency Setting to Auto Overclock?

If it works at all like on 5700's "brother" Amilo x438, it offers very little gain on Auto, at least for me just a couple of MHz's.

Just out of curiosity, What are your idle/load temps? I think there might be some heat issues with the new batch of Alienware's...Especialy the m5550s.

Just out of curiosity, What are your idle/load temps? I think there might be some heat issues with the new batch of Alienware's...Especialy the m5550s.

My idle is about 54 and Load 65/6.

Is that good or bad?

Thanks again

Jonathan

Hmm, you're actualy one of the few people i've seen with those low temps. BTW, Its best to use the "Detect Optimal Frequency" thing ONLY to get a general idea of your GPUs limits.