LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7600 go 512meg?

Byrds6

Im gettting a new replacement laptop, if approved, from hp. The DV9000t is what I should be getting. HPs website says it has 512megs of discrete video ram. Someone else has told me that no 7600go cards have that much ram and it would be half shared. Anyone know if this is true or not? I mean HPs website says its not shared

AFAIK the 7600 Go is not TurboCache... if the OEM says 512 then it should be 512. Cross check the information with reviews or other news channels.

The Recommended driver thread has the specs of most nVidia mobile GPUs. In the 7x00 family the only core supporting Turbocache is the G72M while the 7600 Go is G73M.

There are 512MB go7600's out there.

ASUS has a few models, and also has 256MB versions as well.

Be VERY carefull as specs can often be wrong.

I doubt that HP would have a 512MB go7600, the 8000 series comes with 256MB versions

I've not seen a 9000 series yet, is this the new model with Core 2 Duo ?

Some sites mention the go7600 as having TC memory but I have yet to see one.

All go7600's should come with dedicated RAM.

[uPDATE]

The 9000t is Core 2 Duo and the HP website does mention upto 512MB go7600.

The 9000z with the AMD X2 comes with either a go6150 (integrated) or 256MB go7600.

I wonder if HP have 2 version of the go7600 ?

Hp link here

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...=computer_store

thanks guys. I just have a hard time believe HP would purposly mislead its customers and put that it has 512 discrete ram if half of it was shared. thanks for the help

I just looked back at the other guys post that originally tried to tell me it didnt come wiht a 512meg dedicated card. He is stating he has a Nvidia rep that told him no 7600go comes wiht 512. Funny though I kind of agree with the fact I dont belive HP would purposly mislead consumers. They might screw you after you buy but not before lol. Cant really find any reviews on the web to see what folks have to say but oh well. Guess if its approved Ill find out in a few weeks.

Even when most the 7600 GT are 256... you can find a lot of OEM offering 512 versions. The same goes with the 7600 GS.

Yeah I kinda figured maybe it was an HP thing. I mean since its an intergrated board to begin with how hard is it for a manufacturer to just add more ram or larger ram chips in place of the old ones. Doesnt seem to difficult of a concept. Hopefully though it gets approved and I get the one I wanted. Then I wouldnt feel shafted on the replacement I originally got. Not to mention have an outstanding new laptop.

Well, the guy talked with an HP tech via web chat and the guy told him it was 256 dedicated 256 shared. Now aint that about some false advertising. Apparently my system got approved so I should have it sometime at the end of the month. Go new laptops. Even if half the 512 is shared, which will suck and not be used, its still a great machine being it has the core 2 duo at 2ghz with a 4meg cache instead of 2. Still though the thought of them falsifying the specs to get people to buy doesnt set well with me at all.

Edited by Byrds6

Don't believe what people say they understood from a support guy.