LaptopVideo2Go Forums

update or not update driver!

Guest Jay

I recently purchased Lego Star wars II, none of my computers support this game due to the graphics card ETC. After emailing Nvidia they referred me to this site.

I have looked all over and my question is do i need to update my Graphics Driver? Not just for the above game but as a general update?

im currently having no other problems with my systems.

Nvidia GeForce4 420 go?

Laptop is a Toshiba Sat Por M10 XP Pro

regards

Are you familiar to the concept of minimum system specifications?

Here is what is required to run Lego Star Wars 2:

ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200, ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800, ATI Radeon X300/X600/X700/X800, ATI Radeon X1300/X1600/X1800/X1900, NVIDIA GeForce3, NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti, NVIDIA GeForce FX, NVIDIA GeForce 6, NVIDIA GeForce 7

Your graphic card is GeForce Go 4... which is equivalent to a desktop GeForce 2... so it's no go for you.

There is no point in upgrading your driver since your video card is below the minimum requirements. I would invest in a newer laptop (the holiday season is coming and I'm sure that many companies will have specials going on).

Nvidia referred you to this site!?! :) Thats suprising.

Nvidia referred you to this site!?! :) Thats suprising.

That's pretty common... I believe they have a special flag for nVidia laptop users... once they are sure the user is not using a desktop ATI PC or a Mac... and it's not an obvious power cord not plugged issue... they politely forward the user to LV2Go. :)