LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Several problems / missing features

Radical_53

Just got my first laptop with Nvidia hardware in it, so I just did what I always did: Put some new modded drivers on :)

But now, I do have some minor problems here (minor as the screen is still ok).

First, the worst problem (to me): I can't dim the brightness anymore with my function keys, even some few added lines I found on the forums here didn't help that. I can only change brightness right now while I'm outside Windows, so that really is a problem to me.

Second, I don't seem to get the overclocking functions. I always had and have Geforce boards on my desktop, so Coolbits are something I know, but they don't seem to work on the mobile machine. Any trick to handle that?

Also, I saw something like "full mobile support". How do I find out which of the most actual drivers has it? The list seemed to be a little outdated to me.

Thanks in advance, any help is really appreciated.

Edit: Fixed the brightness thing now, by mixing all the original Samsung driver files with the new ones. Also wrote the new driver release number into the NVM file. But: Still nothing on the coolbits/OC thingy.

Edited by Radical_53

Edit: Fixed the brightness thing now, by mixing all the original Samsung driver files with the new ones. Also wrote the new driver release number into the NVM file. But: Still nothing on the coolbits/OC thingy.

Your mileage varies; some drivers do it for someone, some other for someone else. You have to test yourself - but mostly the drivers do overclock.

Your mileage varies; some drivers do it for someone, some other for someone else. You have to test yourself - but mostly the drivers do overclock.

Ok, so if I get that right, "normally" it should work with coolbits and such, but it depends on system and driver to work together correctly to make it happen?

Ok then. So I'll stick with Powerstrip and hopefully another brand-new driver will work with it. I'll rather get the error corrections than some MHz more then :)

You can see here what I tried and which drivers didn't OC for me - just a couple after all:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8245

You're right, looks good to me! I think I'll try an XG, always used them on my desktop. Maybe that helps. So far I like the 92.91, but I'll collect some more feedback on that one to be sure.

Still digging through all this, the "no oc" problem just seemed weird to me.