LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7900GS 512MB reservation list

Ice-Tea

Hi,

We have placed an order for 7900GS 512MB MXM Type III cards. Projected pricing will be 380?, shipping and taxes included.

Pending validation, we won't take orders as such, but we will accept reservation. Post a reply here or send us a mail to be put on a 'first come, first serve' list.

Ice-Tea

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice-Tea

• SaM013

• Riyad_007

• jmc

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in! I would love to see if this works in the X100. Is the BIOS a reference BIOS?

Count me in! I would love to see if this works in the X100. Is the BIOS a reference BIOS?

Should be. But that's why there's the 'pending validation' part :)

Hello !!!

Today I'm getting my NX9420 from the store (I'm tired of waiting for the ###### Inspiron 9400 :) ) ...... IF the HP has an MXM III slot .... I'm interested in one too.

I'm gonna put some lines/photos in the NX9420 thread later.

SILEX

Cheers !!!

Hello !!!

Today I'm getting my NX9420 from the store (I'm tired of waiting for the ###### Inspiron 9400 :) ) ...... IF the HP has an MXM III slot .... I'm interested in one too.

I'm gonna put some lines/photos in the NX9420 thread later.

SILEX

Cheers !!!

Great :)

It's Type III afaik, so that should be fine :P

What's the price in $ U.S. Currency by chance?

Good question. Simply converted to US $, a whopping 480$ or so. But that includes european taxes. If I can work out the export papers, that goes and it should be more around 425$ or so.

Nothing fixed, yet, though.

Hi ice-tea.

You remember me? I hope yes.

Well, keep in mind me for reservation.

I will hope a different outcome for this 7900 instead of 7800go from Gateway that it did not want to work.

But now you have an M3438G to make some tests.

Hi ice-tea.

You remember me? I hope yes.

Well, keep in mind me for reservation.

I will hope a different outcome for this 7900 instead of 7800go from Gateway that it did not want to work.

But now you have an M3438G to make some tests.

AmiloForum :)

You're on the list. The first batch is spoken for, so it'll be a few weeks at least.

i have HP DV5242ea, my card is MXM Go7400, is the laptop a typeIII??

i am in, if it supports III

Still waiting my NX9420 with T5600 CPU .... ETA 3-5 days ... ****grrrr HP Romania grrrrrrrr****

Another question about the cards: If those have 512 megs, double from the "normal" 7900go , the memory chips are applied on the both faces ???

Have you seen one till now ? I'm thinking that the replacement of the x1600 with a 7900go will require some "crafting and bending" skills to make a underside steel/aluminium cooling sheet :) :P :( As far as the consumed+dissipated power, I think 45W are sufficient for 512megs and an 7900go non-overclocked.

Any hint about first tests with this baby ? :)

Ice-Tea,

are all hp laptops support MXM III? :)

i have DV5242EA model and Geforce Go 7400

Hi Riyad,

The only HP that we know of that (probably) supports MXM is the nx9420/nw9440 series. Yours might support it too, but probably not. If you want to know, use the NERD tool under native DOS or open her up. If you do, keep in mind you're voiding your warranty.

Still waiting my NX9420 with T5600 CPU .... ETA 3-5 days ... ****grrrr HP Romania grrrrrrrr****

Another question about the cards: If those have 512 megs, double from the "normal" 7900go , the memory chips are applied on the both faces ???

Have you seen one till now ? I'm thinking that the replacement of the x1600 with a 7900go will require some "crafting and bending" skills to make a underside steel/aluminium cooling sheet :) :P :( As far as the consumed+dissipated power, I think 45W are sufficient for 512megs and an 7900go non-overclocked.

Any hint about first tests with this baby ? :)

Well, most Type III/256MB cards already have DDR on both sides, shouldn't be much difference. I'm still waiting to get the cards, I'll post feedback as soon as I get them.

Hi Riyad,

The only HP that we know of that (probably) supports MXM is the nx9420/nw9440 series. Yours might support it too, but probably not. If you want to know, use the NERD tool under native DOS or open her up. If you do, keep in mind you're voiding your warranty.

Well, most Type III/256MB cards already have DDR on both sides, shouldn't be much difference. I'm still waiting to get the cards, I'll post feedback as soon as I get them.

let me get this right...MXM is not the same as Mobile pci eXpress Module?

Nvidia website says that Go 7400 is a PCI Express, isn't it the same thing?

i was checking intel.com website, my laptop motherboard is Intel 945PM / GM and it says that the video card is PCI Express

block_diagram_945pm.gif

block_diagram_945gm.gif

i don't want to open my laptop or run nerd tool (to avoid voiding my warr) then find out it doesn't support MXM, these info seems convincing, what do u guys think

ooooohh, i think the only way to make sure is to email MXM-upgrade.com some photos

Edited by Riyad_007

PCI-Express is a bus... while MXM is a physical implementation of GPU that standardizes the interface. Therefore it allows to switch between MXM modules.

Your GeForce 7400 is PCI-Express but not MXM which means you can't use MXM modules.

PCI-Express is a bus... while MXM is a physical implementation of GPU that standardizes the interface. Therefore it allows to switch between MXM modules.

Your GeForce 7400 is PCI-Express but not MXM which means you can't use MXM modules.

why i didn't know about MXM before buying my laptop :)

Edited by Riyad_007

Hi Ice-Tea,

I'm interested for the 7900GS, if it works in a A1667G.

MfG

----------------------------

Mike is called at Amilo-Forum.de "2-Faces"

Edited by Mike

Hi Ice-Tea,

I'm interested for the 7900GS, if it works in a A1667G.

MfG

----------------------------

Mike is called at Amilo-Forum.de "2-Faces"

Noted as such. I assume Topkman will give it a try first :)

Please remove me from de waiting list Ice-Tea ... the 9400 has come finnaly .... sorry for any inconvenience if I caused one.

Cheers!

Please remove me from de waiting list Ice-Tea ... the 9400 has come finnaly .... sorry for any inconvenience if I caused one.

Cheers!

No problem. Enjoy the 9400!

Good morning ICE-TEA,

I want to ask you if there are some news at the GPU battlefront?.

MfG

Good morning ICE-TEA,

I want to ask you if there are some news at the GPU battlefront?.

MfG

Yep. Got the cards last Friday. Ran a succesfull initial test, tweaked my notebook and it refused to run stable ever since. So I'm not sure if I damaged my Amilo or the carss simply won't run. :)

Much work to do.

Hi Ice-Tea,

Sorry that i ask again, but have you won the fight against the heat of the cards? I'm absolutly sure, that you are able to get these cards to work. Please inform me directly on my Emailaddress, because I'm away from any internet or civilisation for about two weeks.

MfG from Germany

Mike

Hi,

We have placed an order for 7900GS 512MB MXM Type III cards. Projected pricing will be 380?, shipping and taxes included.

Pending validation, we won't take orders as such, but we will accept reservation. Post a reply here or send us a mail to be put on a 'first come, first serve' list.

Ice-Tea

Hi Ice-Tee..

I have iFS Amilo 3438G with GF 6800 Go 256 mb. Whether the given map is compatible with my notebook.

Will cost how many with delivery to Russia.