LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7900GS 512MB reservation list

Ice-Tea

Greetings Ice-Tea, could you please add me to the reservation list?

Thanks a bunch :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice-Tea

• SaM013

• Riyad_007

• jmc

Top Posters In This Topic

hello,

I have the medion 95257, which is in fact the famous ARIMA described by John C (in hardware.fr forum and Marxy topic)

Does this card will fit on it and replace the 6600 GO ARIMA?

LEt me know,

cheers,

anthony

#51 Added.

Please also be kind enough to state what type of notebook you have.

hello,

I have the medion 95257, which is in fact the famous ARIMA described by John C (in hardware.fr forum and Marxy topic)

Does this card will fit on it and replace the 6600 GO ARIMA?

LEt me know,

cheers,

anthony

No, I`m sorry. John also tried the 7900, for some reason it won`t work.

Please also be kind enough to state what type of notebook you have.

Sorry -- This is an Amilo M3438G, as stated right under my avatar.

Sorry -- This is an Amilo M3438G, as stated right under my avatar.

*Whipes junk out of eyes*

Ok, sorry :)

Ice-Tea => I've e-mailed you to be on the waiting list :) gilles dot lescot at skynet dot be

my laptop is a Aopen 1559-as (or jl in certain country...) with a 6600go, the GPU that I'm looking for is the Arima 7900GS "special" - 41mm

Thanks

hey, belgium powa !!!

Edited by StupidDuck

Ice-Tea => I've e-mailed you to be on the waiting list :) gilles dot lescot at skynet dot be

my laptop is a Aopen 1559-as (or jl in certain country...) with a 6600go, the GPU that I'm looking for is the Arima 7900GS "special" - 41mm

Thanks

hey, belgium powa !!!

Hello Mr. Duck :)

The 1559 is a Type I notebook, which is supposed to handle Type II as well, but I`ve never seen the cavity or card. So I don`t know if the card would pass. Compatibility hasn`t been confirmed either. If you are serious about this, I think you should open her up and measure her up first. Check your power supply, too to see how many watts she can deliver.

Keep in mind you`re voiding your warranty, though...

Ice-Tea

Hello Mr. Duck :)

The 1559 is a Type I notebook, which is supposed to handle Type II as well, but I`ve never seen the cavity or card. So I don`t know if the card would pass. Compatibility hasn`t been confirmed either. If you are serious about this, I think you should open her up and measure her up first. Check your power supply, too to see how many watts she can deliver.

Keep in mind you`re voiding your warranty, though...

Ice-Tea

My warranty is already voided, I'll take some pics of the cavity and check the PSU.

edit : here's the pics :

pict0001ik2.th.jpg pict0002tg0.th.jpg pict0003bx5.th.jpg pict0004hy4.th.jpg

I cannot find information about the PSU, all I know is that my AC adaptator can hold 65W... but, the "7" geforce did not consume less current than the "6" series ?

edit 2 : I made a "simualtion" (with... ms paint :) ) to compare the 2 cards, and It seems that the 7900gs will fit :P

Edited by StupidDuck

You must check room available. Example:

pict0004hy4.jpg

Can the card pass beneath the fan assemble to the left? How much room is there to the memory banks> Or can the card pass over it? Basically how much room is there before the bigger card hits anything. You`ll have to check this for each side.

The fan shown, is this the only one in the system? If so, I don`t think it will handle the 7900GS. Furthermore, the power supply won`t be able to handle it for sure. The 7900GS consumes about the same as a 6800, at leat 10W more than the 6600.

You must check room available. Example:

http://mxm-upgrade.com/host/pict0004hy4.jpg

Can the card pass beneath the fan assemble to the left? How much room is there to the memory banks> Or can the card pass over it? Basically how much room is there before the bigger card hits anything. You`ll have to check this for each side.

The fan shown, is this the only one in the system? If so, I don`t think it will handle the 7900GS. Furthermore, the power supply won`t be able to handle it for sure. The 7900GS consumes about the same as a 6800, at leat 10W more than the 6600.

dimmc1.th.jpg

There are 2 fans, the one on the pics is the GPU fan, the CPU fan is hidden. I've just finished a call of duty 2 session, and the gpu was not very hot when I opened the laptop.

edit : no, there is not enough space on the left side for the 7900gs...

Edited by StupidDuck

dimmc1.th.jpg

There are 2 fans, the one on the pics is the GPU fan, the CPU fan is hidden. I've just finished a call of duty 2 session, and the gpu was not very hot when I opened the laptop.

edit : no, there is not enough space on the left side for the 7900gs...

I was afraid you might say that. I`m trying to mod an Asus card to turn it into a Type II compatible card. Not sure if it`l work, but if it does that might be something for you...

Greetings Ice-Tea

I have an Amilo m3438g..I would like to buy one of these cards too when they're available..Do you know if it will be necessary to adapt this notebook to the card as you did with the x1800?or do any other modifications?

Greetings Ice-Tea

I have an Amilo m3438g..I would like to buy one of these cards too when they're available..Do you know if it will be necessary to adapt this notebook to the card as you did with the x1800?or do any other modifications?

The heatsink has to be addapted like with the x1800, the other changes are not nessecary.

Hi Ice-Tea, could you answer on my question? On my M3438 Amilio can I change Nvidia6800 on Nvidia7900 without any modification?

It should. Hasn't been tried yet AFAIK though

Please understand that I do not take responsability for this, though.

Hi Ice-Tea, could you answer on my question? On my M3438 Amilio can I change Nvidia6800 on Nvidia7900 without any modification?

No. You still have to addapt the heatsink.

Hi, are there any news about the availability of the 7900 GS cards?

Yeah, delays and more delays. I currently keep the very few cards I have for those with broken vid cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ice Tea, please add me in the list... :)

New to the site....

Will this work in my AW 51m 5700? If not, any idea where I can get one that will work? My card is shot and I'm mechanically inclined enough to mod a heatsink if necessary. Thanks for your help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-9300-9200-nVIDIA-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just some quick question, Can I trade my 7600 512mb with 7900 GS from my Asus Z84J? Pictures is available in this MXM cards thread. :)

I don't know if the 7900GS fits though.. just interested for future upgrade if I''ll do intensive 3D graphic or gaming.. right now I don't play games much.

Yeah, delays and more delays. I currently keep the very few cards I have for those with broken vid cards.

Hi Ice, i want to buy a 7900 GS. I have Amilo M3438G like you. How much time i must wait to receive the card?

Please add me on the list!!! :)

sorry for my bad english