LaptopVideo2Go Forums

want to upgrade existing Geforce Go 7400 on HP

Riyad_007

hello everybody,

i just don't know where to start from, the Nvidia website says my card is PCI Express, but which type?

i have been reading the topics but i can't understand, what is NERD tool? where can i find it? how to use it? and those dos programs?

plz help

You should be able to fit two of these in SLI:

msi7950.jpg

ps: you'll need a lot of lubricant. Or a delicate hammer...

i am sorry but i didn't get u

plz explain more

i think i know what SLI means, combines two graphic cards (i think), i am amature on hardware

if can someone provide me with a link to educate myself a little :) , and how can i find out the type of MXM type i have? can i squeese in a 7900 card?

plz help

Edited by Riyad_007

anybody?

i need guidance how to find out the type of MXM i need :)

anybody?

i need guidance how to find out the type of MXM i need :)

It was a joke, Riyad :)

It was a joke, Riyad :)

i know, that was a desktop card

Hello Riyad !

For HP/Compaq laptops is very easy to find out IF you have a removable graphic card. Just download the manual of the desired product and search at "Removal" chapter. There it could be listed the disassembly procedure of the modular graphics board.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00700932.pdf ...this is the link for the dv5100 line.

The important page for you is 5-50.

The sad response is that the Geforce 7400go is soldered into the motherboard so you could not upgrade your lappy by anymeans. Earlier Ice-Tea informed you well that the NX9420/NX9440 are the ONLY models known to have modular graphics, from HP.

If you could return/sell your current lappy you could try to but a NX9420, but be VERY careful !!! don't buy one with wxga+ screen (1440x900 resolution) IT IS OF LOW QUALITY ...... it has low viewing angles and very poor backlight. The WSGA+ (1680x1050 resolution) screen models are far better so you don't have to worry with none of these (glare or anti-glare).

Hope that this will help you. Cheers!