LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hardware Error since update

Guest Morat

Help!

I've got an Inspiron 9300 with a 6800 Go. Up till yesterday I was using the Dell supplied drivers but I upgraded using your 8425 driver and info using the "have disk" method. Since then I've been getting the following bluescreen:

HARDWARE ERROR

Call you hardware vendor for support

NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error

*** The system has halted ***

I've used memcheck86 and the system memory is fine, I can't check the 6800's memory tho.

Should I:

1. Roll back and forget about new drivers

2. Assume that my graphics card is faulty in a way that only the new drivers can detect

3. Try a different version (recommendations please!)

4. Something else :)

Thanks in advance

Morat

Obviously you should try a roll back first. I think it is just that driver, or maybe the driver was corrupted on download or something.

If rollback doesn't fix it then you have a problem...

I am sure you can pick many drivers from here and they will run fine on that system, that driver just might be the exception.

Same laptop here... I used the 84.25 for a while then I switched to Dell official 84.30... it works like a charm and support every single feature of the laptop.

Obviously you should try a roll back first. I think it is just that driver, or maybe the driver was corrupted on download or something.

If rollback doesn't fix it then you have a problem...

I am sure you can pick many drivers from here and they will run fine on that system, that driver just might be the exception.

Thanks folks, good suggestions :)

I'll try the official Dell one first to try and get a stable system again and go from there with the tweaks.

Cheers!

Morat