LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Reformatting Toshiba P25-S526

Guest Eric

Hello All!

First of all, I hope that I'm putting this in the right forum... Sorry if it isn't!

I would like to reformat my Toshiba Satellite (P25-S526) with original Windows XP discs. I've got the discs. I've got a legit license code. I've also tried this before...

The last time I attempted this, the USB ports on my computer suffered a strange malady: they would recognize a device only if it was plugged in when the laptop was started up. Plugging in a device after the computer was running was no use. I tried downloading various drivers from the Toshiba website to no avail.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has successfully done this with a Toshiba laptop (preferrably the same model as mine). If not, can you think of any solution(s) to the USB problem?

Thanks!

Eric

A lot of USB2 based laptop require a specific driver AND Windows XP SP2 to work properly.

So you need to download and install the driver either from Toshiba or the chipset maker. (Intel, Ati, nVidia...)

First goes BIOS Update. Then Clean Install. Then SP2, then Chipset driver. Then Graphic card. After that the rest of the drivers. Then applications.

I would also guess the Chipset driver is missing.