LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help Needed 259en3

Guest Chi

Hey Folks!

I know this might be a bit off topic but I really need some help. I bought a 259en3 back in march and now I can't get the geforce go 6600 to work. I think it's in regards to the ext. vga switch gone bad, but is there any way to confirm this?

Anyone know of this sort of problem happening before? Really would appreciate any insight to this matter.

-Chi

I'm not sure you are in the right section... let me add the OBVIOUS missing features of your post.

He is talking about Uniwill 259EN3.

The 259EN3 features the new Innovative Hybrid VGA Technology. This new technology allows you to switch to 2 different powerful VGA graphics cards, The Intel Media Accelerator 900 or the Nvidia GeForce Go 6600. Users will be able to save large amount of battery life while working on general applications, or with a switch of a button, be able to play the latest and greatest video games the industry has to offer.

Under the device manager, if you see the Intel Media Accelerator 900 in both switch position... then yes you can say that there is something wrong with your PC. But it can be a deeper probelm than just the switch.

If you see the GF Go 6600 in one position try to reinstall a decent driver such as the 84.25.

The 259EN3 features the new Innovative Hybrid VGA Technology. This new technology allows you to switch to 2 different powerful VGA graphics cards, The Intel Media Accelerator 900 or the Nvidia GeForce Go 6600. Users will be able to save large amount of battery life while working on general applications, or with a switch of a button, be able to play the latest and greatest video games the industry has to offer.

What a load of Horse manure, the power saving will be miniscule and the problems will be greatly enhanced.

Powermizer does a pretty good job of keeping the power consumption down.

What a stupid feature to add to a laptop, why not add an ATI card as well for best compatability

What a stupid feature to add to a laptop, why not add an ATI card as well for best compatability

The problem with ATI is not the hardware... it's the crappy software they call driver that lies on top of it.

Me :) the proud owner of an JEWEL 2600, same as uniwel, also got a go 6600 256mb.

1. To use switch, power of laptop

2. If accapable, dissconnect your adapter / power cord

3. Switch totaly to left en then to the right.

4. Power on your laptop

I had the same problem to in the beginning. You really need 2 cut of power when switching

Hope it helps :)

I thought the switch would make things convenient... so it's just a tad less annoying than:

- power off the laptop

- unscrew the GPU plate

- remove GPU 1

- plug GPU 2

- screw the GPU plate

- power the laptop

:P :)

That stupid switch, doesnt make anything better :)

something off topic

Got OS X 10.4.1 to work with linux Suse and XP, triple boot system.......

• 2 weeks later...
:P :)

That stupid switch, doesnt make anything better :)

something off topic

Got OS X 10.4.1 to work with linux Suse and XP, triple boot system.......

When that switch does than and becomes all useless and non-functional, you actually have to open the chassis if you wanna switch G-cards, it's total bulls***.