LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v96.77 VISTA 32bit | MS VISTA build 5744

mobilenvidia

I was able to get this driver to work using the dell inf (nv_dm.inf), and it worked great--aero and everything--save for one big issue: it made OpenGL stop working.

I rolled back to 9637 and I got OpenGL back. Guess I'll stick with 9637 for now.

Anyone have any ideas on getting OpenGL working with 9677?

Thanks!

p.s. running Vista RC2 5744.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Fabrice Roux

• Athildja-x64

• Night Fire

RC2 is no longer for public download, MS me thinks blundered in releasing it the other day on the public server.

There are other ways to get it with a little searching :)

nv_sm.inf ----> Samsung

But no support for my 7600 Go :)

Ofcourse it is :doh:

There are many GPU's missing from the INFs.

There are going to be many dissapointed people out there with no Vista support.

Lets hope this changes before Vista goes on the shelves.

Try forcing as another GPU from the Samsung INF won't hurt you laptop any.

Luckily for you guys I've just bought a T7200 Core 2 Duo so I should be able to also extract out 64 bit versions as well.

It may have to wait till the end of the month as my ISP bandwidth is very limited, but next month I'm on a limitless DSL plan.

So can DL both versions of Vitsa to get the drivers.

You guys are so spoiled.

Now I do hear with RC1+ that the windows update loads the driver and enables Aero.

Have a look here for those that are having problems with installing.

Haha, thats all fine as long as you don't downlaod to much from 4pm to midnight :)

I'm sticking with the 20gb plan (soon to be 30gb) for a month or so, and see how many complaints there are about the new limitless plan, and also to see how much slower the connection will get (because we both know its not going to get any faster!)

Haha, thats all fine as long as you don't downlaod to much from 4pm to midnight :)

I'm sticking with the 20gb plan (soon to be 30gb) for a month or so, and see how many complaints there are about the new limitless plan, and also to see how much slower the connection will get (because we both know its not going to get any faster!)

Ah, a fellow Kiwi, a fellow Xtralite :)

It will be easy for me to avoid the 4pm-12am period for DL's.

I can either DL both vista's after I go to bed or after I get up and be done before the naughty time.

I will miss the 192kb upload speed, 128kb is going to hurt.

I may chnange to the 15GB (max upload speed) plan if funds allow.

15GB might not be enough for both Vista's, once it comes out in the shop (Vista) my testing will be over I suppose.

Wonder how XTRA will handle Vodafone's purchase of Ihug, could be interesting next year with the unbundeling.

All good for us the consumer :P

what is your modem speed hooked up at to the exchance ?

I'm getting 7616Kbps Down and 320Kbps up, I'm on 2Mbps/192Kbps account (not 3.5Mbps/128kbps)

Just curious what the speeds are for the 512kbps account you have.

Wonder what the actual speed will be once they take the brakes off ?

I think you ran into the same thing I did: 96.77 disables OpenGL.

Here is how I got OpenGL working again on Vista RC2 5744:

1. Install the 96.33 driver using setup.exe. This unlocks OpenGL.

2. Install the 96.37 driver using the 'Have Disk' method. This is the latest driver you can use that still has OpenGL functionality (see my post a few posts back).

Hopefully, someone will do a setup program soon using 96.77. Is there a faq or something on how to do this?

Is any one getting good preformace out of thier vista gaming experience? I just upgraded from XP SP2 from vid driver 84.63 to this built in Vista RC2 5744 vid driver 96.77 and now none of my games are playable... anythign with the source engine has massive amounts of artifacts appear everywhere all the time. Fear runs EXTREMELY slow! I have yet to try BF2. Anyone out there who has had sucsess with Vista and gaming?

The fan of my geforce 6800 go runs the whole time. Also at low temperature. is there a possibility to change?

thx

Black Pearl

Ah, a fellow Kiwi, a fellow Xtralite

It will be easy for me to avoid the 4pm-12am period for DL's.

I can either DL both vista's after I go to bed or after I get up and be done before the naughty time.

I will miss the 192kb upload speed, 128kb is going to hurt.

I may chnange to the 15GB (max upload speed) plan if funds allow.

15GB might not be enough for both Vista's, once it comes out in the shop (Vista) my testing will be over I suppose.

Wonder how XTRA will handle Vodafone's purchase of Ihug, could be interesting next year with the unbundeling.

All good for us the consumer

what is your modem speed hooked up at to the exchance ?

I'm getting 7616Kbps Down and 320Kbps up, I'm on 2Mbps/192Kbps account (not 3.5Mbps/128kbps)

Just curious what the speeds are for the 512kbps account you have.

Wonder what the actual speed will be once they take the brakes off ?

Yeah, I help Telecom along with their record surpluses every year :)

Geez, that some good speeds your getting.. My modem is reporting

Data Rate 4288 (down) 608 (up) kbps

The speeds are decent I guess, and we are about 20 metres fro ma green shed/box thingy. Although, not as good as yours, as your on a lower plan. I reckon once they let things fly with download speed, things will actually get worse.. they aren't improving the backbone, so a few will get faster speed, the rest will get slower speed... nice plan Telecom. Where are you? I'm in Wellington.

The unlimited plan is not to bad.. we do most of our downloading in the morning anyway (big downloads that is), as it is to slow at night. So, in that regard the plan is good. Although I reckon Telecom will ping everyone who uses it to excess, not just inside those times..

Go Vodafone, I'm liking their home cell idea where your cell can be used at home as a landline, and more importantly charged like one.

so do the new drivers work with RC1 or not? I cant download RC2 till Ms puts it up again. So any info will be appreciated.

so do the new drivers work with RC1 or not? I cant download RC2 till Ms puts it up again. So any info will be appreciated.

I tried to force them into RC1 (5728) and they would error out.

I had no problems in 5728, I used the installer from 96.33 and then updated to 96.37 as mentioned above and could play Prey (Quake 4 Engine) on my Go 6800 without any issues.

The stutter in 5744 is maddening, however MS dissabled windows update for 5728 so I was forced to update.

Edited by Athildja-x64

Is any one getting good preformace out of thier vista gaming experience? I just upgraded from XP SP2 from vid driver 84.63 to this built in Vista RC2 5744 vid driver 96.77 and now none of my games are playable... anythign with the source engine has massive amounts of artifacts appear everywhere all the time. Fear runs EXTREMELY slow! I have yet to try BF2. Anyone out there who has had sucsess with Vista and gaming?

OK, I've installed 5744 and get the stutter now. :)

I think this is a driver related issue since in RC1 the original driver works without this stutter problem.

it's time to ghost back XPSP2 now :)

I also have RC2 installed now, and it works!

Installed 96.77 with modded INF and running Aero Glass.

Thanks for the work!!!

I have a feeling this is affecting the 6 series GPUs more than the 7 series.

is anyone else with a 6 series GPU running into this issue with 5744?

i have this funny error: cannot get powermizer value when i boot up. pls help,

I have a feeling this is affecting the 6 series GPUs more than the 7 series.

is anyone else with a 6 series GPU running into this issue with 5744?

Runs perfect with me. I can't seem to find the control pannel though :)

So...it works with RC1 or RC2?

It only works with RC2. I just downloaded RC2 from Bittorent, make a purchase and have cd key.Now Everything works just fine, Aero Glass cool!!!

hi all

i hope some one can help me out..i seem to have fell fowl of the OpenGL disabled and Counter Strike:Source plays at 73fps on my Go 7900GTX :)

can some one give me a heads up on what to change/check

I have carried out the following.

Windows Vista RC2 (5744 installed) downloaded 96.33 driver from this site and installed with modded inf (also from this site) the driver appears to have installed succesfully but i have no aero and source plays terrible. If i check device manager it lists the driver version as 9633

any advice greatly appreciated

G

Edited by elgeezer

Microsoft is droping the OpenGL support... so you won't find OpenGL support in drivers thru Microsoft Windows Update.

You need to install a driver from nVidia... like the 96.33. But keep in mind that nVidia states: "Includes OpenGL driver for compatibility testing."

Microsoft is droping the OpenGL support... so you won't find OpenGL support in drivers thru Microsoft Windows Update.

You need to install a driver from nVidia... like the 96.33. But keep in mind that nVidia states: "Includes OpenGL driver for compatibility testing."

OK, let me rephrase the question..installing the 96.77 driver with modded inf i get no aero and counter strike plays terrible, but the driver shows 96.77 in device manager, how do i improve the perfomance ?

cheers

The equation to access full Aero is complex... don't worry about it... it's not a loss.

Counter Strike is in DirectX so if the driver is installed correctly it should work. But the performance might suffer a serious hit... Microsoft says the same game on the same hardware will be 15% slower on Vista. (when compared to XP)

So between the fact that Vista is far from final (read far from SP1+ / SP2) and the early driver support... you are pretty doomed right now.

Runs perfect with me. I can't seem to find the control pannel though :)

there is no control pannel with these drivers. you would need to install the 96.33 release.

then update to 96.77

Sorry guys, i must be missing something...

when i try to download the exe (2mb) it says the following

<!> Error: File "9677_vista.exe" does not exist. Please report this issue.

am i doing something wrong?

i can download the inf file.

D