LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need help please... o,O;

johnequickiii

Your current VideoBIOS is 4.34.20.34.D2, right? We have then to assume that this VBIOS contains an improper EDID code which driver v67.42 fails to decode.

Can "Guest" confirm this VBIOS and driver version?

Btw a wild mixing of our modded INF (75 series) across driver series (80 series) and additionally adding the TOSHiBA (420Go) BlackBar fix will -i repeat- never succeed in finding a general solution for fixing the DELL (Go 5200) BlackBar.

Well... My guy sent me another of the same card, and it works fine. ^^

Figures. lol

Thanks for all the help though. ^^;

Your current VideoBIOS is 4.34.20.34.D2, right? We have then to assume that this VBIOS contains an improper EDID code which driver v67.42 fails to decode.

Can "Guest" confirm this VBIOS and driver version?

Btw a wild mixing of our modded INF (75 series) across driver series (80 series) and additionally adding the TOSHiBA (420Go) BlackBar fix will -i repeat- never succeed in finding a general solution for fixing the DELL (Go 5200) BlackBar.

I'm kind of a novice just thinking outside the box. Let me know what I should look for and how to find it and I'll get it to you.

I still have a major problem making any new video games work on my vpr matrix 200a5 nvidia geforce4 420 go. So far I have bought Warhammer 40k and Star Wars Empire at War and can't run either of them. The drivers in the low 50's aren't good enough; the 40k game is looking for "texture memory" that I don't have.

Pieter - thank you for dedicating your time to this site. You have given me hope, at least, that I don't have to give my nifty widescreen LCD laptop to my wife and buy something for $1k to play games with.

Ich war einen Austauschschuler im Deutchland 1989 und 1990 - Sie haben das besten Bieren im Welt. Entschuldigung fur meinen Grammatik-

I'm kind of a novice just thinking outside the box. Let me know what I should look for and how to find it and I'll get it to you.

I still have a major problem making any new video games work on my vpr matrix 200a5 nvidia geforce4 420 go. So far I have bought Warhammer 40k and Star Wars Empire at War and can't run either of them. The drivers in the low 50's aren't good enough; the 40k game is looking for "texture memory" that I don't have.

Pieter - thank you for dedicating your time to this site. You have given me hope, at least, that I don't have to give my nifty widescreen LCD laptop to my wife and buy something for $1k to play games with.

Ich war einen Austauschschuler im Deutchland 1989 und 1990 - Sie haben das besten Bieren im Welt. Entschuldigung fur meinen Grammatik-

I've found that I can set a custom amount of texture memory for both DirectX and OpenGL using RivaTuner. My Doom 3 used to only be able to run at a good FPS rating when in the lowest graphics settings, even with the 64MB card, 1.5GB RAM, and a 2.8GHZ CPU.

I used RivaTuner to tweak a few things, one of them being the Texture Memory once I found it. You can set the values for DirectX and OpenGL Texture Memory to no more than 1/2 of your system memory. (In my case, I have both of mine set to 767MB of Texture Memory.)

Now, My Doom 3 runs at a great FPS rating when in Ultra High graphics mode, which totaly blew me away. ^^;

You can tweak just about anything for your NVidia GPU through this program. I'm not totally sure about other GPUs, but I know for certain that NVidia GPUs are totally supported. (You can also overclock your GPU with this. It shows you the recommended clock speeds that you should be able to use withough incident. REMEMBER... Overclock at your own risk, and ONLY do so if you've atleast read up on it and have some working understanding of it. Just for your own safety/sanity... lol ^^ :)

Here is a link to the site where to get RivaTuner from. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

The above link should work. If not, Just go to the downloads section of http://www.guru3d.com

I highly advise reading the FAQ or Readme to get an understanding of what you can change, and what not to touch. I recommend to not touch ANYTHING that you don't understand. (I did, and had to Restore a couple times to resolve it... o,O;)