LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with driver update of 7300GO on ASUS A8JC...

akossteiner

Hi!

I tried to update my driver of GeForce 7300GO, because i have ForceWare 81.95.

I downloaded the newest driver from official ASUS website, and after intstalling Windows XP did not start up any more... I fixed it in safe mode and downloaded the recommended driver from your web site. After installing the same happened... Do you have any suggestions what to do to get this video updated?

THX

Run a Driver cleaner while in safe mode and then install it.

Run a Driver cleaner while in safe mode and then install it.

Thx for your reply, but it did not help at all... I tried to uninstall all files, did driver cleanup, even downloaded the ASUS driver for the card and after booting windows during loading it it crashes and reboots...

I have no idea why...

Well it could be something funny in windows so try rolling back to the oldest driver that worked. Also, if you know how to, make a new partition, install a new copy of XP, and try booting into it. If that doesnt work then im completely clueless :)

Well it could be something funny in windows so try rolling back to the oldest driver that worked. Also, if you know how to, make a new partition, install a new copy of XP, and try booting into it. If that doesnt work then im completely clueless :)

It was the fault of the XP... I formated my drive and installed another Win XP Prof. After updating driver to the latest driver from ASUS it still worked... It must have been because of the Windows i guess, but i have no idea why...

Windows is just plain retarted sometimes....