LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Needed 259en3 wil it fit the special 6800

need4mxm

Heye

I was wondering wil my type II(41mm) fit a special 6800(41mm)....Ice T you can help me on this one, if it fits ill try upgrade mine.

Please let me know dudes if i have to open it and make pics ill be much abliged :)

Heye

I was wondering wil my type II(41mm) fit a special 6800(41mm)....Ice T you can help me on this one, if it fits ill try upgrade mine.

Please let me know dudes if i have to open it and make pics ill be much abliged :)

Hi there,

I seem to remember there's no room for a Type II, but I can't remember where I picked that up, so I have no wat of verifying.

So, yes, if you want to take a picture I can tell for sure. Be carefull, remember what screw fits where, and remember you're voiding your warranty.

Thanks for tha quick replay :)

So i cant upgrade it all to an special. :) What at this moment is the highst type II there is on the market, and more important how do i purshaces 1.

Thanks for tha quick replay :P

So i cant upgrade it all to an special. :) What at this moment is the highst type II there is on the market, and more important how do i purshaces 1.

7600 256MB. I've been after them for months. :)

Might get 'm soon, maybe not.

When you get then, give me a call. If we need to pre-restiger tell me how to and im in!!

Untill that time I will wait in vain :) :)

I've been looking to upgrade my go 6600GT 256mb, but I seem to have a different version of the 259ENx chassis. I have the 259EN1 which is obviously configured differently, and it looks like it has a little more breathing room than the 259EN3 in the picture above. Could I possibly fit an Arima Special 6800? Hopefully so. This definately warrents some further investigation.

DSCF0471.jpg

Erhm... Can't even see where the card is? :)

So, best thing you can do is check left and right of the card to see how much room there is. You need (from memory) 7mm to the left and 5 to the right compared to a Type II card.

That tells us a lot. How can you see if it has enough space... if you can't see if it has enough space?

Take off the heatsink and take another picture... or just measure for yourself.

And if you really don't want to take off your heatsink, you may want to reconsider this.

Edited by smax

That tells us a lot. How can you see if it has enough space... if you can't see if it has enough space?

Take off the heatsink and take another picture... or just measure for yourself.

And if you really don't want to take off your heatsink, you may want to reconsider this.

:)

Yeah, that!

Seriously, if you are afraid to take off the cover, that's ok, but then you should reconsider this;

Mine looks the sam :) e as the second pic so if you will take the sink off we can see :) i got the 259EN1 model 2

Guest Texturedmuffin{OC}

Well, I've pretty much taken the whole thing apart piece by piece about 3 or 4 times overall. Only problem is that I'm not sure if removing the heatsink/cooling assembly will damage the MXM unit itself. Keep in mind that I used Articsilver5 on it and other thermally inclined components, and I'm pretty sure it's hardened to a point where I can't get it off by conventional elbow-grease alone. If any of you have a tried and true method for removing Articsilver5 without removing transistors from my GPU as well, then I would totally post pictures of the card, and the exact measurements. :)

I've never used Arcticsilver5 and I know that it thickens a bit, but I don't think I've ever seen a thermal paste that hardens like glue. Loosen everything up and jsut test it out though, try to slowly rock it off little by little.

Edited by smax

I used Artic Silver for years... the 5 change it's texture... but not that bad.

Are you sure you are not refering to Artic Silver glue?

ps: I have some citrus based cleaner that removes it pretty easilly...

I used Artic Silver for years... the 5 change it's texture... but not that bad.

Are you sure you are not refering to Artic Silver glue?

ps: I have some citrus based cleaner that removes it pretty easilly...

Indeed. I don't see how you could damage your GPU by hardened Artic Silver, uless you've used the ceramic two component glue or something.

Guest Texturedmuffin{OC}

Ok, ok, Articsilver was not a problem to get through, was all dry and what-have-you. There is enough clearance for the Arima on the right side, however, it is shy by 2 mm on the left side due to some stupid capacitors= ###### it. (will upload pictures soon)

Ok, ok, Articsilver was not a problem to get through, was all dry and what-have-you. There is enough clearance for the Arima on the right side, however, it is shy by 2 mm on the left side due to some stupid capacitors= ###### it. (will upload pictures soon)

Hm... There are probably ways around that too, but I'm pretty sure that's above and beyond the abilities of you and most other people here or elsewhere.

Bummer.

Still'd love to see that picture.

Guest Texturedmuffin{OC}
Hm... There are probably ways around that too, but I'm pretty sure that's above and beyond the abilities of you and most other people here or elsewhere.

Bummer.

Still'd love to see that picture.

Request Granted:

DSCF0480.jpg

Also, here is a Cool Saleen Mustang that I saw at work (nice desktop material:

DSCF0479.jpg

Awesome color :)

though it's a new mustang it has the typical front light design shape of the classic 60s series. Havent seen those over here in Germany yet.

:) O Ice T, tell me it can be done and you sold another Armada special 6800!!! Because i want 1 in my book!! :)

:) O Ice T, tell me it can be done and you sold another Armada special 6800!!! Because i want 1 in my book!! :P

Probably not. I'll measure the card again tonight just to be on the safe side, but you can't fit a square pig in a round hole :)

:P ###### i think i know your anwser allready, dame shame :) Hope your quest for 7600 type II or X1600 will bring me to another game card :)

Maybee im getting to crazy now but do you think it wil fit a type III, up and richt have enough space ......... :)

• 2 weeks later...