LaptopVideo2Go Forums

3D-Stereo with Quadro FX 2500M

Guest Navarre

Guest Navarre

Hello.

I'm a trainee at a company and supposed to get 3D-glasses (Z800 3DVisor) working on a Dell Precision M90 Notebook.

The Problem I've encountered is that the current graphics driver of the NVIDIA Quadro Fx 2500M graphic card only supports 3D stereo with opengl but not with directx or direct3d.

I've been looking for a suitable 3D stereo driver but it's hard to find a combination of a suitable stereo driver AND graphics driver. The 78.01 combination can't be installed as the Fx 2500M is not supported, the 91.31 combination gives a bluescreen during installation and 3D stereo isn't working afterwards.

The only combination which worked partially was 84.43 but the direct3d stereo wasn't working properly (a Doom3 demo didn't work in 3D and crashed when exiting, several "farb-rausch"-demos crashed when starting) and opengl wasn't supported at all.

So now's my question if anyone has encountered the same problems and has found a solution so that 3D stereo works correctly with opengl, directx and direct3d?

Thanks in advance!

Navarre

You tried 91.28 Stereo drivers ?

Sounds like an interesting company and job if you can test NVIDIA drivers with DOOM3, Farbrausch demos and a M90 :) Is this some game developer studio?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dstereo_archive.html

77.77 78.01 82.12 84.21 84.43 91.28 91.31

Are there any more recent stereo drivers we host, but i forgot about?

You are using Pieter's INF for the driver installation, do you?

Guest Navarre

Thx for the feedback. I've now tried all suggested combinations but none is working ...

Yes, I used the modified .inf-files.

I'm working for a car manufacturer. The 3D-glasses are supposed to be used for some virtual flight through a car. It will be a "Diplomarbeit"-project in the future.

I'm just supposed to test the functionality.

By now I'ld say that direct3d stereo is not working with the M90. But opengl should be sufficient.

Do you happen to know a free opengl demo in 3D stereo which supports the headtracking for looking around like in a 1-person-shooter? I've only found a demo of GoogleEarth and QuadroView for stereo visualisation of VRML files.

You should be able to get some fun out of Unigine.

Have you tried an application that supports OpenGL quad-buffered stereo to see whether stereo works at all?

Have you disabled the OpenGL quad-buffered stereo (it doesn't coexist nicely with the consumer stereo driver)?

Guest Navarre

At the moment I'm using only the 84.29 video driver without any stereo driver.

GoogleEarth with TriDef, QuadroView and the StereoscopicPlayer from www.3dtv.at work fine in stereo.

The only thing I'm missing is a stereo demo with headtracking like in a 1st-person-shooter.

IMHO the head tracking should be handled by the 3D device driver. So whatever the program you use it will work.

I used to have an IR helmet that tracked pretty decently the head movement for gaming. It was really funny to play at racing games... especially when the car starts sliding... in a right curve you'd have to head left to keep the car on track. :)