LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Battlefield 2142 topic

Fabrice Roux

BF2142pcSCRNonline2.jpgBF2142pcSCRNpers1.jpgBF2142pcSCRNprint2.jpgBF2142pcSCRNwwSEP8.jpg

Main issues:

• No widescreen support. :P

• Task switching (ALT+TAB) might crash the game.

• It seems that non 60Hz monitors users have to edit video.con AGAIN. :)

• Spyware included in the name of in-game advertizing. (
    ) :P

Patches:

:
Various bug fixes. (read details below)

:
Fixes crash in Titan mode AGAIN !!! (read details below)

:
(read details below)

:
Note 2 things: Dice qualify this patch as small... :) and the game is not released yet. It fixes a client crash under Titan mode.

The other download for Battlefield 2142 can be accessed on

System requirements:

If you have little knowlegde of your system specifications, you can run an online system specs check with

Minimum system requirements :

Operating System:
Windows XP with latest service pack installed DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)

CPU:
1.7 Ghz

RAM:
512 Mb

Video Card:
128Mb DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above.

Hard Drive space:
1.8Gb of space is required to install the game

Internet connection:
128kbit Cable/DSL connection

Recommended system specifications :

Operating System:
Windows XP with latest service pack installed DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)

CPU:
3.0 Ghz

RAM:
1.5 Gb

Video Card:
256Mb DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above.

Hard Drive space:
1.8Gb of space is required to install the game

Internet connection:
512Mb Cable/DSL connection

Supported GPUs:

ATI
tested with Catalyst v6.7 :

Radeon 9500/9700 series

Radeon 9550 series

Radeon 9600 series

Radeon 9800 series

Radeon X300 series (non integrated versions)

Radeon X600 series

Radeon X700 series

Radeon X800 series

Radeon X850 series

Radeon X1300 series

Radeon X1600 series

Radeon X1800 series

Radeon X1900 series

NVIDIA
tested with v91.31 :

GeForce 5700 series

GeForce 5800 series

GeForce 5900 series

GeForce 5950 series

GeForce 6200 series

GeForce 6800 series

GeForce 7300 series

GeForce 7800 series

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn't listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.

The following sound cards
do not support hardware audio renderer
option :

AOpen AW-320

AOpen Cobra AW-840

AOpen Cobra AW-850

AudioExcel AV512

AudioExcel AV515M

C-Media 8738

Creative Labs SB Audigy 2 NX

Creative Labs SB Audigy

Creative Labs SB Extigy

Creative Labs SB Live 24-bit

Creative Labs SB MP3+USB

Creative Labs SB PCI 512

Diamond XtremeSound 7.1

ESS Canyon 3D-2

HiTec Digital Audio X Mystique 7.1 Gold

IOMagic Storm Surge

Philips Acoustic Edge

Realtek ALC861 audio

Soundmax 3

Soundmax ADI AD1980 CODEC

Soundmax Cadenza (Intel 850)

Turtle Beach Montego DDL

Turtle Beach Riviera

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Patches history:

Patch 1.10

BUG FIXES

- Remove ability to resupply all unlimited ammo objects

- No longer able to use Sentry Gun pushing player into Titan Crate collision

- No longer able to use RDX DemoPaks drop through first section of the 3rd and 4th upper hallways of both Titans

- Away Bonus is now used when calculating in-game promotions

- Improved communication with GameSpy Database

- EU Duty Ribbon/PAC Duty Ribbon awarded correctly when all criteria are fulfilled

- "Commander score" statistic no longer resets to zero

- Enabled tabbing to password field when using a dedicated server

- News Tickers Speed time to display increased

- When scrolling through the list in Multiplayer you no longer move both at the same time as the server info

- EMP effect on Gunships reduced from 4 to 3 seconds allows the gunship to recover when throttled up at medium altitude

- SL drone: Tweaked the acceleration on the left right aiming for the bot. It now acquires targets properly

- Adjusted pistols: Increased ROF Clamp values, slightly reduced damage fall off over range

- Adjusted up the damage of the HMG rounds to counter its lower RPM

- Adjusted and/or increased entry radius points for all vehicles

- Removed unused RangeFinder setting from EU Walker, Titan Guns to fix the APC/Railgun/FAV draw out bug

- Fix for latency and TV guided missiles (lowered the acceleration on the missile and fixed firing lag)

- Fixed active camouflage to no longer offset image

- Changed default server port to 17567

- Update to most current PunkBuster client files

FEATURES

- Reserved Slot Enhancement (Gives reserved slots the ability to be filled if not used)

- Unranked Unlock Control (Option to give all first level unlocks and Enable/Disable control of all other unlock levels use)

- Spectator Function

Patch 1.06

BUG FIXES

- Fixed Client Side Crash on Titan Mode.

Patch 1.05

ISSUE FIXES

- Ground Defence kills now count towards Ground Base Defence Ribbon

- Using the Medic Hub now counts towards Silver Medic Excellence Badge

- Silver Titan Destruction - Badge awarded when core is destroyed

- Debriefing End of Round screen displays player stats

- Enemy Squad Leader Spawn beacon is no longer visible on the 3dMap

- Can now bind same key to crouch for common and land vehicles

- User now unable to repeatedly spam a squad leader to join a locked squad

- Spinning tank turret no longer pushes player inside clipped geometry

- Users can play single-player (offline) mode when EA servers are unavailable

- Fixed issue that caused Battlerecorder Playback And Camera Control Interface function

- Corrected missile silo numbers in Titan Mode

- Squad Leader Spawn Beacon can now be used after a round or map change in online games

- Missing game information in Swedish and Danish when a mutiny occurs against your commander added

- Inconsistent game references removed

- BF2142 showing up as Battlefield 2 in Windows firewall exception list fixed

- Patching update message will shut the game down instead of minimize if EA Link is installed on users machine

- Stats tracking optimizations

- Revised AR's deviation per bullet

- Titan no longer moveable by the Commander once Titan shields are down

- Installer checks for BF2142 running in the background before installing patch

- Improved player collision protocol

- Optimized EA Master Server connection calls

Patch 1.01

BUG FIXES

- Fixed Client Side Crash on Titan Mode.

Edited by Fabrice Roux

I love this new bf2142...it's the Shite.....game runs wonderful on vista on my system.....only one problem.... is that even after i patch it, when i start the game the stupid alert still tells me that a patch is still available for the game...and there's no option to keep that from coming up......other than that, the game kicks arse :) :) :P

• 3 weeks later...

BF2142 on my Tecra S3 1,86/1,5GB RAM/GeForce Go 6600 128MB/HDD 5400 8MB - all graphic options on/max/full - res 1024x768 or 800x600 - no lags on ForceWare 84.25. Works great, looks.. great :)

• 2 weeks later...

i've downloaded the demo and it crashes on start up. my setup is: geforce 7600 GO 256ram , intel duo core 2 64bit t5500 1,83gigahertz. 2046RAM so it should run. i checked with the system check tool and it said i passed.

what driver do u guys recommend for this game or what other reason could be the reason it crashes?

At a quick quess, I would say its because your default monitor resolution is different to an ini file.

Have a look for video.con in the Battlefield 2142 directory under My Documents. Change the resolution in that files to what your monitor is, especially the refresh rate part.

More info may be in the Battlefield 2 post beneath this one.

If it's AGAIN the source of the problem... But given the symtoms, it's very likely.

I'll whip out my thrusty bullhorn and shout: *turning bullhorn to max power*

Dice are fre@king moronic retards!!!

ps: they f|_|cked up with Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2 and now Battlefield 2142...

I just added patch 1.05 details.

I noticed something with this game, don't know why it happens, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE the fact that i can't use my unlocks in single player(offline) mode.....is it just me or does this happen to everyone....i'm so hoping it does happen to everyone...but just so that i won't feel left out :) :)

Yep... I just added the reference to the 1.06 patch... I saw it yesterday but I prefered to attend to my guests and my baby girl.

• 4 weeks later...

Added patch 1.10.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been getting this problem where my BF 2142 Demo will work, but the full retail version crashes as soon as the map loads.

This might be a x post from a post I made earlier, but does anyone have any ideas what might cause this?

• 5 months later...

i have hp dv5292ea with geforce go 7400 anyone getting probs of it getting totally stuck in mid game even thought im gettting good fps i get this problem its irretating ...... plz some one help im using 91.31 btw

• 1 month later...
I noticed something with this game, don't know why it happens, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE the fact that i can't use my unlocks in single player(offline) mode.....is it just me or does this happen to everyone....i'm so hoping it does happen to everyone...but just so that i won't feel left out :) :)

Well, that happens to anyone who doesn't play the Single Player mode using an online account. One thing I've noticed - if you play the game in Offline mode, EVERYTHING (the menu, gameplay, even the intro videos!) stutters severely. However, there's a way to fix it:

1) in the main menu, click Options

2) click Video

3) change the resolution to any one on the list

4) after the resolution has been changed, set it back to the original one that you were using

This tiny little fix has certainly improved gameplay experience offline, though I have no idea why you would want to play it that way. (one workaround to get the unlocks, if you don't mind a -4 on the scoreboard - teamkill a bot with the kit u want, then grab it. Voila! Unlocked weapons :P )

• 3 weeks later...

need your help guys!!!! i have the flashing screen issue on BF 2142 everytime i go online the screen will just flashing.i uninstalled my driver already..can u guys help me out with a good driver for gaming for my GEFORCE GO 7400 on ma sony laptop FE-18GP

... a good driver for gaming for my GEFORCE GO 7400...

Well, one that I can recommend to you is v158.45, I'm using it without any problems at all on my own GeForce Go 7300. I've noticed improved framerates in some games, noticably F.E.A.R., and the driver's also quite stable. Click HERE to access the thread with the download link. More information can be found in that thread as well. (I have posted the procedures there as well)

Hope that your severe issues with the game are able to be solved.

Cheers,

V-X2

I really wanna say good advice V-X2! I've just got my new ASUS F3SC laptop, with a slight OC for the 8400M G & driver v158.45, I was able to play it on 1024x768 with most options on max.

My WIE experience index for Aero & Gaming also raised from 3.0 to 3.4, and 4.1 to 4.4 respectively (without OC).

:)

My WIE experience index for Aero & Gaming also raised from 3.0 to 3.4, and 4.1 to 4.4 respectively (without OC).

Wow, that's great news! :) Good to see an improvement in your laptop's stats! :)

Cheers,

V-X2